"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Just around the corner

Here's the dilemma:

I've been trying to leave a new post every day. Why? Because it's challenging to try and come up with interesting things to write about that you, my audience, might find interesting or amusing. But by leaving a new post everyday, some of you might not scroll down to see what you have missed. You know just read the most current post and forget the rest...

So should I leave fewer posts so that I'll be more certain that they will be seen, read and commented on by everyone who cares to? Criticism in the comments is welcome, too - as long as it's constructive and not mean spirited.

I write this because I'm planning on revealing more of me, the man behind the monster, in the coming days. And since I'm going to put forth the effort, I wouldn't want you to miss out. Don't say I didn't warn you in advance! ;>) Plus, I like the attention....

I commented on lccb's blog earlier this evening (slightly edited & expanded upon here) in response to her post for today because - I love to comment on other people's blogs and because similar thoughts have been going thru my head recently as well (disturbing thought, I know):

Funny you should mention this, because I've been thinking about the same kind of thing recently...

As an aspiring wannabe author, I find blogging enjoyable and am glad my friend american guy (see my link for him on my blog) introduced me to it.

"They" (writing professionals) always tell you (wannabe writers) to write every day, to keep the mind flowing with thoughts and fresh with ideas. For me, blogging provides an outlet for that.

These days, I often find myself thinking, "what a good post that would make" or what the reaction to one of my posts would be to those that regularly read my blog and for those who accidentally stumble upon it. For this reason, I'll read and edit my posts a gazillion times if I have to - to correct typo's, spelling, grammatical and any other errors I find when proofreading it. I'm the self proclaimed world's worst typist and my own worst critic.

Plus I love the anonymity of blogging. Which is why I'll never post a picture of me or my kids or anyone I know who may happen to read what I write. Nor will I give out my real name and why I refer to people I know as initials - to protect the innocent. And I love that I can selectively choose to reveal more of myself to certain people, which I have done (you know who you are...lucky people (or cursed, depending on your perspective)).

I also love the community spirit here in bloggerland. I, too, consider many people here to be my friends, even though we've never physically met. And if I bumped into you in the middle of the street (or in some dark alley) you wouldn't know me from Adam.

Some of the blogs I've linked to here are authored by people who hold similar views to my own. Some are waaay out of charachter for me, which is the voyeur in me trying to escape. I can (sort of) inhabit the lives of people whom I'd probably have little or nothing in common with otherwise and see their perspectives on life and invite them to see mine. That is very refreshing to see how similar and different we all can be, all at the same time.

To you all out there, I am green, but that's just a pseudonym.

True, what we write is a reflection of our personalities (in some way) or at least we should try to make it that way. Whether we succeed or not depends upon many things...

19 Comments:

At 29 December, 2005 23:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now this is interesting, It would be fun to find out exactly what people "think" you look like. My first guess would be you resemble George on Grey's Anatomy, don't know why. He's a lovable character though, and he's cute !

Scribe would be a cross between Howard Stern and Dane Cooke. *grin*

 
At 30 December, 2005 05:30, Blogger DaBich said...

LOL Bluez! I can't wait to see Scribe's reaction to this! I think Green would be something like George Clooney! YUM!
Green~Your thoughts are interesting. As a member of AOL for 6+ years, I've done a lot of instant messaging. I have "friends" on line that I'm very blessed to have. They have helped me thru some very tough times. You don't have to meet physically to be friends. It's the same in blogger land. Sharing thoughts and ideas is very stimulating...and the support from everyone is great!

 
At 30 December, 2005 08:55, Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

Pffft. Don't try to write for an audience. Write what's on your mind or whatever inspires you to pound on the keyboard.

 
At 30 December, 2005 09:12, Blogger Kristi B. said...

I don't know about the others, but I say keep posting every day. When I come over here to read, I check to make sure I haven't missed anything...which means sometimes I'm reading 5 or 6 posts in one day!! sorry... procrastination again!

"the man behind the monster" very cute. i like that!

 
At 30 December, 2005 13:35, Blogger Genna said...

I think that you need to do what you need to do. Not everyone can blog everyday, but it is all about YOUR needs.

If people are really interested in what you have to say, they will read to catch up. Just my opinion.

Good luck.

 
At 30 December, 2005 17:22, Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

Hi green. Even though my visits have been rare here lately, your posts always hold my attention & assure my return.

I agree with mary & genna. This weblog or journal is yours to do with what YOU want to do. We as an audience (I would think) want to hear what you have to say....what's on your mind & hear stories or muses created by you. YOU are in control, not us. Otherwise we(the audience) would be able to make changes to it and do the journaling ourselves.

I find it tremendously hard to post everyday but then again, I'm not an accomplished writer. Just do what you feel comfortable with. You have an audience and I see that word of mouth is working for you!

On your "man behind the monster" anonymity...Where in the hell did you get that pic from???? LOL

BTW green, you look much, MUCH better than the monster. *wink wink* schmoozes to ya!

 
At 30 December, 2005 19:57, Blogger Tim said...

bluez: Now I'm gonna have to watch Grey's Anatomy to find out what George looks like. Who is the actor who plays him?

I can't comment on what scribe looks like, 'cuz I dunno...

dabich: You're too kind. Flattery gets you everywhere... Unfortunately, I'm not blessed with "Hollywood" looks. But I'll take your comparison to GC as a compliment. Thanks!

I appreciate that you think my thoughts are interesting. That is one of the appealing things about blogger - the sense of "family" without actually meeting in person. I also like reading yours and other blogs that I find interesting. That's one reason why I've created the links list. The other is that I'd forget the URL's for everyone's blogs if I didn't.

maryan: I do write what's on my mind but also I do try to keep it interesting for folks who read regularly. If I wrote about a boring topic, you'd be less likely to stop and read and comment. It took me a while to build up my regular readers and I don't want to lose any.

kristi: I do intend to keep posting every day - precisely because I like the challenge it presents. Plus I do like to write.

The "man behind the monster" thanks you for the compliment! And I certainly can relate on the procrastination thing.

genna: Thanks for the encouragement. You're thoughts and opinions are always welcome.
I will still attempt to post every day, because that works for me.

zepplin: I'm glad you are a regular reader, and appreciate what you read, though I am far from an accomplished writer.

A few years ago I tried my hand as a mortgage consultant. To try and generate business I would make up flyers, so I bought a big clip art program for my computer, which is where my green monster came from.

Thanks for the compliment *winks back at ya!* You can schmooze here anytime...

 
At 30 December, 2005 20:03, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I find that blogging is good at keeping the creative juices flowing. I'm like you though, and want to have interesting posts for people to read. I read a lot of them on other people's blogs and want mine to be interesting too.

I'm a wannabe writer too, and I don't get a chance to write everyday unfortunately. I'm in them midst of thinking, researching, etc. a novel and take part in some writing challenges on a christian writer's forum. It's fun and helps with the writing (the challenges that is) because they give you a topic and you only have a max of 750 words. It's good practice to hone in on writing only what is necessary.

 
At 30 December, 2005 20:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

T.R Knight is his name and he makes the show. Its one of the only tv shows I won't miss on Sunday.

http://www.wchstv.com/abc/greysanatomy/trknight.shtml

So do you look anything like him?

 
At 30 December, 2005 22:23, Blogger Tim said...

bluez: No, I do not look like George from Grey's Anatomy. Sorry.

 
At 30 December, 2005 23:20, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't believe you

 
At 30 December, 2005 23:32, Blogger Tim said...

bluez: I can't control what you believe, so if you want to think I look like him, well fine.

The only resemblence we share is that we are both male.

I look like.....me. I am a unique individdle.

 
At 30 December, 2005 23:52, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK I want to believe you look like him because your personality so resembles him from your posts so there!. It doesnt matter anyway, I think you're a great guy no matter what you look like.

 
At 31 December, 2005 00:18, Blogger Tim said...

Well thanks for the compliment. I seriously apreciate it. I actually am kind of flattered that that innocent comment has gotten some of you to wondering about what I do look like.

Here's a hint: What does an old fart look like? That's me...

I also try to reflect my personality when I write. I don't pull punches though. If I disagree with you I'll tell you (ask lccb).
If I agree with you, I'll tell you. I'm not politically correct most of the time.

When I don't have enough knowledge to make a reasonable & worthwhile comment, I (usually) won't say/write anything.

 
At 31 December, 2005 07:46, Blogger lccb81 said...

Yes, yes, green does not hold back when he disagrees... :)

I could probably provide proof of that with SEVERAL links.

And I have to disagree with bluez. I don't see George's personality in green - and this is a actually a compliment to green - because George is a little awkward and I think green has more confidence.

And I read your blog everyday. I may not comment but I do read, and anyway you should do what you want. :)

 
At 31 December, 2005 09:31, Blogger Tim said...

Thanks for the compliment lccb. I appreciate it that you read here regularly, comments or not.

Sounds like I should be watching Grey's Anatomy. It must be a good show. When is it on and is the first season available on DVD?

 
At 31 December, 2005 15:41, Blogger lccb81 said...

Season 1 of Grey's Anatomy is going on sale on Feb. 14, 2006. I am preordering it TODAY. I really like that show. It's a little melodramatic but that's ok. And the female dr.s are a little skinny except for the head resident (Nazi Dr.) who is married, I think. All in all just great fun.

 
At 02 January, 2006 05:11, Blogger American Guy said...

George Clooney? George from Grey's Anatomy? At least no one suggested George from Seinfeld! (though really, your sense of humour is pretty similar to the character's).

Write what feels right to you. I write a fair bit as part of my work, but it's mostly boring (to an outsider) factual stuff. I use the blog as a creativity thing. If it's practice writing for you - i say more is better.

I'll say this - though i don't agree with some of your views, your writing style is evolving as you go, so it must be working for ya.

 
At 02 January, 2006 09:58, Blogger Tim said...

ag: my sense of humor is like George from Seinfeld? Is that a compliment? I never really got into watching that show.

Yes, I'll continue to pound the keyboard here because it is a way to develop my writing style. And it is enjoyable.

What you don't agree with some of my views? Shocking!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home