"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Saturday, February 18, 2006

A bit of this - a bit of that

Even though you never read here, Happy 62nd Birthday, Mom. I love you.

---

A day of freeedom is welcome, however unexpected. What with today being Saturday and my kids not coming until tonight I have the day totally to myself. Unusual but nice. (My kids actually arrived around 18:30.)

So what did I do with my day?

Well after playing here for a while, I did some errands from 11:00 to 14:30. Sat in traffic for about a half hour or so trying to get from the connector highway to the grocery store. If you ever come to Nashua, do yourself a favor: stay away from the Daniel Webster Highway and connecting roads on Saturday afternoons. Way too much traffic for that road, what with a mall and all kinds of shopping plazas, restaurants and car dealerships on that road... I actually finished watching a movie this afternoon that I started to fall asleep on last night.

---

Looks like there will be no digital camera for me right now. I'll just have to bring a regular camera with me on my trip to Dallas and have the pictures put onto a cd-rom for easy uploading to blogger.

---

The "plan" has hit a bump in the road. DTS has received all of my references and my college transcript but they can't begin to process my application yet. You see, due to a lackadasical freshman year of college on my part, allowing 1.0 and 1.5's to drag down my GPA instead of withdrawing from the classes as I should have, my overall GPA is below a 2.5. So I must take the GRE or MAT. They recommend the Miller Analogies Test for those who have been out of school for some time. I called the closest place to me that gives it, which is a small Catholic college in Nashua. I arranged to take the test this Tuesday, with a nice old nun called Sister Mary Jane- just like the candy bar. (She actually said that to me on the phone. I'm not poking fun at her name, honest...) Once I take the test and the school receives my score, then they will make a decision on my application.

---

Spring is on the way!! Red Sox pitchers and catchers reported to camp today with first workouts on Sunday afternoon. Regular position players report on Wednesday. Though I don't pay real close attention to the spring training games; but for me it's always a reminder that spring is just about a month away. And let me tell you, it can't come soon enough.

---

The Powerball drawing tonight is at a record $365 million annuity ($177 .3 million lump sum). I don't normally buy lottery tickets, but when the jackpot gets to astronomical levels....well how can you not buy some numbers and wish? You can't win unless you play, right?

5 Comments:

At 18 February, 2006 11:20, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Happy B-Day Mama Green!!!

 
At 19 February, 2006 00:03, Blogger Deb said...

Should have won that powerball for Mama Green! 365 million is quite a chunk of change!

Or...you can make more money and take Johnny Damon's job...heh heh...as a YANKEE! Wooo! (sorry...I just love bustin' on Red Sox fans...it's a really annoying habit of mine!)

Enjoy your weekend!!!

 
At 19 February, 2006 05:30, Blogger Tim said...

~deb: 365 million...can you even comprehend that kind of bank??? me neither.

Looks like we'll have a fun baseball season, poking each other with sticks. (So ~deb, who pulled off the biggest choke job in the history of baseball (in the 2004 playoffs against the Red Sox??? hmmmm.....) ****bustin' right back atcha!!***

 
At 19 February, 2006 08:08, Blogger DaBich said...

Green, someone won! Hurry and check your tickets!!!

 
At 19 February, 2006 14:38, Blogger Ruth said...

Good luck on your test!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home