"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Ready or not - Texas here I come

That's right kids, I'm goin' to Dallas, Texas (by way of Milwaukee) for the first time in just two weeks. I bought my airplane tickets last night and reserved a hotel room near the airport for my final night there. Way cool. I am so excited.

Did you know it cost me less to fly back on Saturday than it would have to fly back a day earlier? It also is cheaper for me to fly out of the bigger, less convenient local airport than the smaller, friendlier even more local airport.

Wednesday, March 1, 2006:

Midwest Airlines #206 (Boeing 717)
Depart BOS 11:10
Arrive MKE 12:42
travel time: 2 hours 32 minutes. Distance: 859 miles.

no plane change. time between flights 43 minutes.

Depart MKE 13:25
Arrive DFW 15:53
travel time: 2 hours 28 minutes. Distance: 852 miles.

Total travel time: 5 hours 43 minutes. Distance: 1,711 miles.

Saturday, March 4, 2006
Midwest Airlines #305 (Boeing 717)

Depart DFW 10:42
Arrive MKE 12:50
travel time: 2 hours 8 minutes. Distance: 852 miles.

plane change! Time between flights 1 hour 0 minutes.

Midwest Airlines #211 (Boeing 717)

Depart MKE 13:50
Arrive BOS 16:55
travel time: 2 hours 5 minutes. Distance: 859 miles.

Total travel time: 5 hours 13 minutes. Distance: 1,711 miles

As I did waay back in October when I was going through the kidney stone thing, I've posted the full monty because my memory is bad about these things and my desk has been granted federal disaster relief funds.

So call out your closet terrorist network and give'em all of the juicy details....

The school is offering for all of the visitors from out of the area guest lodging with a host family for Wednesday & Thursday nights and I'm on my own from Friday afternoon on.

I've decided that I'm going to bring my laptop because my hotel on Friday night has internet access. Maybe my host family will too. Even if I don't post regularly on those days, I will keep a journal and leave some relevant posts from the trip and backdate them. Maybe I'll even buy a digital camera so I can post some pictures, too.

8 Comments:

At 16 February, 2006 06:44, Blogger DaBich said...

You're on your way Green! Good luck to you!

 
At 16 February, 2006 11:11, Blogger SuperSpyGal said...

See.....this is why I like guys like you.....you make stalking so much easier...it's not worth stalking if I have to put too much work into it.

See you at the airport, Green !

*evil grin*

:)

 
At 16 February, 2006 11:42, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

have a safe trip, try to come back nicer ;)

 
At 16 February, 2006 11:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck green. Keep an eye out at the airport for a chick holding a "GREEN" sign! woohooooooo

 
At 16 February, 2006 15:28, Blogger Nate said...

Have a good trip dude!

PEACE,

NATE

 
At 16 February, 2006 17:27, Blogger Tim said...

Y'all: Thanks for the good luck wishes. I'll be safe on my trip and I will have a good time.

Awww, isn't that nice? Spygal's gonna come all the way to Boston to stalk me!! Woo-hoo!! You can stalk me anytime you like ms. spy...;>)

shannon: guess I asked for it, huh?

scribe: I AM a nice guy already.

 
At 16 February, 2006 19:08, Blogger Deb said...

Enjoy your trip and have fun! Hopefully they'll have a hotel bar where you can party up a schmooze.....

Enjoy yourself, and keep us updated.

 
At 17 February, 2006 23:32, Blogger Ruth said...

Woooohoooo!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home