"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Saturday, February 11, 2006

drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip

drip drip drip drip drip drip drip

That was the theme of the day as soon as my daughter noticed the water dripping from the ceiling fan in my bathroom. Drip drip drip, splashing onto the vanity and floor, making an awful mess and soaking through two bath size towels in a matter of less than two hours.

Water dripping from the ceiling fan? What the?

As I removed the grate that covers the ceiling fan the drips became faster. Now instead of one drip there were three. Great. Now I need a bucket or trash can to catch the water, but what can I use? Aaaaah, one of my plastic recycle bins! Bingo!!!

I called and left a message with the complex office advising them of the situation. Of course I got the answering machine which told me that the office would reopen on Monday.

After three hours of dripping, the bucket had accumulated seven inches of water before I emptied it.

When my kids went to bed I went upstairs and knocked on the door of the apartment above me (I live on the ground floor) to advise them that the pipes under their bathroom sink were leaking, but no one was home.

Update: When I got up this morning there was about 15 inches of water in the bucket, which I emptied again. After church I went upstairs again to see if the people who live above me were home. They were. I spoke to an elderly Brazilian woman who did not speak English, and her teenage granddaughter, who were totally unaware of the leak. Since then they have taken precautions to stop the drip. I advised the granddaughter to call building maintenance so they can fix the problem.

4 Comments:

At 13 February, 2006 05:27, Blogger DaBich said...

So....is it fixed? lol
DRip drip drip..how annoying, to say the least!

 
At 13 February, 2006 18:09, Blogger Tim said...

Well there was no leaking when I got home from work this afternoon, so we'll see. I dumped the collected water from the bucket into my tub this morning and it's still there. Drano didn't work. I just think the drain itself broke in the closed position.

So I called building maintenance, AGAIN...

 
At 14 February, 2006 05:43, Blogger DaBich said...

damn,..that sucks lol

 
At 14 February, 2006 22:11, Blogger Ruth said...

Oi vay! Good luck and hope there is no glub, glub, glub along with that drip, drip, drip.

Now a clogged drain!! Oi oi oi vay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home