"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Monday, February 06, 2006

You really ought to check these out. Seriously.

Boy, oh boy have I got some great reading to share with you!!! I highly recommend adding these books to your library.


YOU MUST READ THESE BOOKS if you are Jewish or if you are a Christian.

YOU MUST READ THESE BOOKS if you want more insight into the Arab-Israeli conflict than the news media will ever tell you.

YOU MUST READ THESE BOOKS if you care about the most important and controversial place on the face of the earth. God's city, Jerusalem - "City of Peace".



I promise you that you will be emotionally impacted by the things you will read in these books. Again, I can't recommend them enough to you. I have links to both of them in my "Highly Recommended" section in the sidebar. If you read nothing else this year (besises your Bible, of course) you should definitely read these. WOW!

John Hagee is the senior pastor of Cornerstone Church, a place of worship and teaching he founded in San Antonio, Texas. This nondenominational evangelical church has more than 18,000 active members. Pastor Hagee is a well respected author and has been to Israel regularly since 1978. His inside sources plus a genuine love for the Word of God provide valuable insight into what is happening in Israel today and what the Bible has to say about it.

Randall Price has lived in Jerusalem and done graduate studies at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. He is president of World of the Bible Ministries and directs archaeological excavations at the site of Qumran, Israel (where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found) and has investigated and researched the struggle over the Temple Mount in Jerusalem since 1989. His inside souorces and information will stun you.

Well, what are you waiting for???? You can get both of these books, plus many other great books & resources here.

Jerusalem is a truly beautiful city and Israel is a fantastic country. Lots of things to do and places to see. Never underestimate the importance of Jerusalem to God. It is His city and it is referenced 818 times in the Bible. And you can feel the presence of God there. I don't know how else to explain it.

Psalm 122 (NASB)

Prayer for the Peace of Jerusalem.
A Song of Ascents, of David.

1I was glad when they said to me,
"Let us to the house of the LORD."

2Our feet are standing
Within your gates, O Jerusalem,

3Jerusalem, that is built
As a city that is compact together;

4To which the tribes go up, even the tribes of the LORD--
An ordinance for Israel--
To give thanks to the name of the LORD.

5For there thrones were set for judgment,
The thrones of the house of David.

6Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
"May they prosper who love you.

7"May peace be within your walls,
And prosperity within your palaces."

8For the sake of my brothers and my friends,
I will now say, "May peace be within you."

9For the sake of the house of the LORD our God,
I will seek your good.


6 Comments:

At 06 February, 2006 20:04, Blogger Tim said...

shannon: I like to read my Bible too. Yes, I do like to read and have a want to read list about a mile long. I have a weakness when it comes to books.

If you're going to start reading more, these are a good start becaise they are very non-technical reading. Very fascinating, for sure, which keeps the interest level up.

 
At 07 February, 2006 05:48, Blogger DaBich said...

Green, are these books about the "end times"? My mother had me read several of those, and they are interesting indeed.

 
At 07 February, 2006 09:45, Blogger SuperSpyGal said...

Whenever I see someone mention a good book, I realize that it's been along time since I sat down to read a book...I really need to make some time...maybe I should start with cliffnotes so I can catch up to everyone quickly..LOL

 
At 07 February, 2006 10:37, Blogger Kristi B. said...

Thanks for the recommendations. That is a beautiful picture.

 
At 07 February, 2006 17:35, Blogger Tim said...

dabich: no, these books are not about the end times, per se. Sure they do touch on the future but primarily they are about what is happening NOW in Jerusalem and what is happening with the Temple Mount and how that is the heart fo the Israeli-Arab conflict. It also gives a bit of history in each book.

spy: I don't think there are cliffs notes for these, but still highly recommended.

kristi: if you do eventually check them out I'd love to hear your opinion.

 
At 08 February, 2006 05:16, Blogger DaBich said...

Thanks for the clarification :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home