"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Thursday, March 16, 2006

It's coming tomorrow!

Do any of you remember this?



I posted about it last month when I ordered it. The company that I bought it from didn't have the exact wood color in stock so they asked me if I wanted to take what they had in a darker wood or wait. Since most of my living room furniture is lightly stained, I opted to wait.

Well I got a shipment confirmation email on the 11th that my item is on its way - with a scheduled delivery date for tomorrow! The UPS tracking numbers provided to me show that my dvd rack is scheduled to be on the truck for delivery sometime on Friday.

Two boxes. Eighty-four pounds. Some assembly required, I'd imagine.

I can't even begin to tell you how badly this rack is needed to free up other valuable bookcase real estate in my apatment. In anticipation of its delivery I moved temporarily one of my couches and emptied and removed the useless piece of furniture it's replacing. Well it's not a useless piece of furniture, just a bit impractical for the space it required and the use I got out of it.

The sad part is that it used to belong to my 96 year old grandfather. It used to house a television & record player in a cabinet on top. When the tv finally died he had someone put a shelf in there so he could use it for knick-knacks or whatever. This was one of those "RCA stereo televisions/entertainment centers" that Ethan Allen (majorly expensive furniture store) used to sell in the 70's.



It's amazing how many dust bunnies I vacuumed up in moving this stuff. Also found a few of my son's toys and a lost magazine underneath and behind it. I put it out in the hallway with a sign that says FREE FURNITURE, hoping someone will find a use for it. If not then I'll have to donate it to the Salvation Army or something.

Though I hope someone in my building will take it so I don't have to deal with it anymore.

UPDATE: March 17, 13:55 - And someone did just that!!! Just a few minutes ago, I went out into the hall where I put the bloody thing and it's GONE!! !

YESS!!! Not my problem anymore!!!! La la la la la la!!!!

UPDATE: March 17, 15:46 - The new rack has arrived! Woo-hoo!!!

Now I gotta put the bloody thing together.... =>(

UPDATE: March 18, 18:20 - All done!

4 Comments:

At 17 March, 2006 23:05, Blogger Ruth said...

Isn't it wonderful that benevolent haul-away leprechauns exist?!!!

 
At 17 March, 2006 23:40, Blogger Tim said...

Yes it is. There must be alot of them living here!

 
At 18 March, 2006 17:43, Blogger DaBich said...

LOL Sarafina!

Green, did you get it together and how is it working out??

 
At 18 March, 2006 18:13, Blogger Tim said...

dabich: I put it together with no problem. It is great! I already love it! See the picture I've added to the post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home