"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Miller Analogies Test RESULTS

I checked my mailbox today and found in it my MAT test results. Three results are given: Scaled Score, Percentile for Intended Major and Percentile for Total Group.

DTS told me that they are looking for a 400+ score on this test, out of a maximum 600. My score meets the DTS requirement. However, included with my score is a coupon for a retest. According to the Miller Analogies web page, the retest coupon is not indicative that I need to retest, only that I can do it if I like.

So I now wonder if I should take the test again just because I can or should I not worry about it, knowing that I've fulfilled the DTS requirement. If I do worse the second time will that reflect badly on me or conversely if I do better will it look suspicious? I can be very self-critical at times and sometimes that's good. Other times it's bad. I think I worry about some things too much.

Now I consider myself to be a reasonably intelligent person but I'd be lying to you if I didn't tell you that some of those test questions just plain floored me. Some of the words I had no clue of the meanings, let alone how to relate them to the other words in the question/analogy.

I think I'll call Sister Mary Jane "just like the candy bar" tomorrow and see when she's giving the test again. Maybe I can take it next week and get DTS another set of scores before they decide my fate.

Yeah, that's the plan.

3 Comments:

At 14 March, 2006 23:04, Blogger American Guy said...

You know i think you're making a huge mistake forsaking your parental responsibility by abandoning your children, so i won't go on about that here (for the moment anyway).

Having said that, why would you want to retake a test that you passed. If your mark is acceptable to get in, why would you expend the time, money and energy to do it again?

 
At 14 March, 2006 23:12, Blogger Tim said...

WHY would I want to take the test again?

A) From all indications that I can see, it is free.

B) Because I think I can do better. Much better.

Plus, the test only takes an hour (of actual test time), unlike those awful SAT's which took 3-4 hours....

 
At 15 March, 2006 11:04, Blogger Kayla said...

Since your score met the DTS requirement, I wouldn't think you'd benefit from testing again. This score is used as a guideline to screen applicants. Now they'll be concentrating on your GPA and curricculum history as well as some kind of personal history.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home