"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

God said No.

A friend of mine sent this to my email and I wanted to share it with you:

I asked God to take away my habit.
God said, "No. It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up."

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
God said, "No. His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary."

I asked God to grant me patience.
God said, "No. Patience is a byproduct of tribulations; it isn't granted, it is learned."

I asked God to give me happiness.
God said, "No. I give you blessings; Happiness is up to you."

I asked God to spare me pain.
God said, "No. Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to Me."

I asked God to make my spirit grow.
God said, "No. You must grow on your own, but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.
God said, "No. I give you life, so that you may enjoy all things."

I asked God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.
God said... "Ahhhh, now you've got the idea."

13 Comments:

At 05 April, 2006 01:03, Blogger American Guy said...

You're always asking for a debate. Here's a site that I've started reading by a no-holds barred atheist. The current post asks for some comment by true believers, and I think is pretty well reasoned. I'd be really interested to see if you're willing to take your chances arguing your point in unfriendly territory.

http://gods4suckers.net/archives/2006/04/04/question-for-xian-lurkers/

Are you game?

 
At 05 April, 2006 06:58, Blogger DaBich said...

I love this post, Green. I've seen it before, but it's good.

AG~he's asking for a debate? It's his blog, he can write what he feels, how he sees things. How is that asking for a debate? He believe in God, get over it.

 
At 05 April, 2006 14:34, Blogger Kayla said...

Wow, that's beautiful! I'll pass it along.

 
At 05 April, 2006 19:11, Blogger American Guy said...

d - of course he write what he pleases - i'm all for it (the laugh value alone is often worth it).

But Green will tell you himself, he and i went 10 rounds a few years ago until i finally got tired of hitting my head against a wall (i can be a slow learner, it seems). Since then, he keeps saying that he'd like to go back to it (look at several of his responses to my comments here).

I'm merely saying - hey, i don't feel like arguing any more, but here's someone who maybe can meet your needs.

 
At 05 April, 2006 21:59, Blogger Tim said...

AG: I'll take a look at the page & probably go in for the challenge.

dabich: AG and I did indeed have a go-round at this a few years ago. An argument - which I prefer to call a debate/discussion, since it was very civilized.

Of course he will tell you that he stopped because he wasn't getting anywhere. Just when it was really getting interesting he gave up on it.

My opinion is he gave up because his arguments had no where to go but up... and that wasn't working.

I have the complete unedited text of our quite lengthy (seriously) debate still saved on my computer, and hardcopy.

So I propose this: With AG's consent, of course, I will create a new blog that he and I both have access to as contributors, in which I would post the text from each of our debates in chronological order, so that you bloggers can judge for yourself who got the upper hand.

And of course we'd leave the comments section available for general discussion.

The only thing that I would edit is our real names, whenever they occur, replacing them with our blogger names.

What do you say AG, are you up for a little public scrutiny?

 
At 05 April, 2006 22:15, Blogger American Guy said...

knock yourself out.

I doubt that I'll even bother reading it, but go nuts.

Oh and you may also want to look for other personally identifying stuff to edit.

 
At 05 April, 2006 22:33, Blogger Tim said...

AG: knocking myself out isn't necessary when cutting and pasting will do nicely.

 
At 06 April, 2006 04:46, Blogger DaBich said...

LOL, you two kill me. I see you're both equally hard-headed. That's a no-win situation. But hey, who am I to call someone hard-headed, all I need to do is look in a mirror LOL
It would be cool to read this debate, tho.

 
At 06 April, 2006 18:19, Blogger Ruth said...

G: Sent your post to a friend who needed to end a little pity party... :o) Thanks.

AG & Green: You are like two sparring siblings... LOL

 
At 06 April, 2006 18:48, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Or an old married couple.

 
At 06 April, 2006 19:13, Blogger Ruth said...

Felix & Oscar
Burt & Ernie
...

 
At 06 April, 2006 19:44, Blogger Minister Scribe said...

Adam and Steve LOL

 
At 07 April, 2006 09:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post reminds me of last weeks Soprano's episode:

"Do you realize how insignificant that makes us?" Tony asks. "I don't feel that way," Christopher solemnly replies. Christopher also laid claim to the laugh-out-loud line of the night when presented with the born-again theory that earth is only 6,000 years old, dinosaurs were around when humans were, and evolution is Satan's plan to deny God: "No way. T-Rex in the Garden of Eden? Adam and Eve would be running all the time, scared shitless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home