"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Thursday, March 30, 2006

In case you missed it

The NFL released its 2006 Preseason schedule yesterday.

But really, the only team that matters is my New England Patriots who will play:

8/11/06 at Atlanta Falcons (20:00 EST CBS)
8/19/06 ARIZONA CARDINALS (20:00 EST NFL Network)
8/24-28/06 WASHINGTON REDSKINS
8/31-9/2/06 at New York Giants

The dates and times for the first two games are set becasue they will be nationally televised. The dates and times for the last two games will be determined later.

The full NFL regular season schedule of fun and excitement for 2006 will be released sometime in (mid) April. Of course as soon as I have word it's been released I will pass it along to you.

Those of you who are not interested in this topic need not comment unless you have something positive to add {HELLO scribe & american guy}. However, I DO appreciate your coming here to read & be informed on the life and times of (insert my real name here) green.

---

I went to an internet marketing presentation tonight after work in which stuff I already knew was rehashed. Of course they were also promoting their full day seminar on same topic two weeks from Saturday. Primarily I went for the freebies (including a faux leather personal organizer & free dinner). Hey it's sad, I know, but the alternative is the same every night, esp. when you're single.

Since I'm always on the lookout: The woman who sat in front of me had long, straight blonde hair and was dressed in a stunning red business suit with heels & matching handbag. (She was also wearing a wedding band on her left ring finger.) She kept speaking to her female friend in what I think was Russian.

The weather was so nice this afternoon here in southern NH, that I was driving up the highway with the window rolled down in my beastmobile for the first time this year.

---

A few new words for you:

NULLIFIDIAN- Of no honestie; of no religion.
-John Bullokar's An English Expositor, 1616.

One of no faith or religion; a sceptic in matters of religion.
-Sir James Murray's New English Dictionary, 1908.

FIRMAMENT- A term anciently used to signify the eighth heaven, or shphere, in which the fixed stars were placed. It was called the eighth heaven because of the seven sphreres of the planets which it surrounds. The firmament was supposed to have two motions, one from east to west, round about the poles of the ecliptic, and the other motion from west to east.

-T. Ellwood Zell's Popular Encyclopaedia of Knowledge and Language, 1871.

4 Comments:

At 31 March, 2006 05:50, Blogger DaBich said...

Ahhh..it was warm here in PA too, we took the motorcycle out for a ride after work!!

 
At 31 March, 2006 09:21, Blogger Kristi B. said...

can't wait for football to start again!

 
At 31 March, 2006 09:21, Blogger Deb said...

Ooooh nice----adoooosky woman! Nuttin' better than a nice looking Russian woman. (unmarried of course) I dated this tall blonde from Russia--and I will just say this.... It was almost like being in the Firmament.

Nothing like having a gorgeous blonde and the best Russian vodka available---ya know? I met her when she was bartending. Figures, right?

As far as that firmanent goes, I guess that's one of the reasons that called that show, "7th Heaven"? I never knew why it was called that...

Nullifidian? Isn't that like being atheist?

I always learn something new on your blog!

 
At 31 March, 2006 18:05, Blogger Ruth said...

Awww shucks... I thought you'd unveil "cheesetastic" this week... ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home