"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Saturday, May 06, 2006

And the winner is...

I don't know much about horses, nor do I follow horse racing in general. But I always try and watch the three Triple Crown races, probably because there hasn't been a Triple Crown winner in 28 years. Or because most of the horses have really weird names. Or maybe a combination of both.

Only eleven horses have ever won the Triple Crown. This current drought of a Triple Crown winner is the longest gap between winners. The last to do it was Affirmed in 1978.

This year's Triple Crown contestant is Barbero, (pictured above) who blew away the other nineteen horses in the field by winning the 132nd Kentucky Derby by 6 1/2 lengths, in 2:01.36. In the 10 or so years since I've been consistently watching these races, I don't think I've seen a more dominant victory.

So it's on to the Preakness Stakes on May 20, at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore, MD.

Here's the story from ESPN.com.

And your winners:
Win: Barbaro (2:01.36)
Place: Bluegrass Cat
Show: Steppenwolfer

1 Comments:

At 06 May, 2006 21:31, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I can't wait for your next post in God Vs. Darwin. The kitties are soooo cute! Sadly, I know little about horse racing, but I did attend a race once! It was right after Racing Stripes came out. My friend and I took our kids to the races and had a ball. Anyway, have a GREAT weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home