"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Friday, June 02, 2006

Annoying commercials

Most commercials are annoying. Some commercials are just plain stupid. When a commercial (or series of them) are both annoying AND stupid... Houston, we have a problem.

At the top of my annoying and stupid list right now are those Baccardi & cola ads. Absolutely can't stand them.

So, I'm curious what you think are the most annoying/stupid commercials that you've seen running right now.

---

On a side note: time to break out the fish (my kids). I came home from work yesterday and found a note attached to my doorknob. The note included my 2006 pool pass and a letter outlining pool hours, safety instructions, etc. Weather permitting, the pool will open tomorrow. Unfortunately, this weekend will be cool and rainy both Saturday and Sunday.

I call my kids fish in this instance because, as readers of this blog last year will know, both of my kids absolutely love playing in the pool and made quantum leaps last summer learning how to swim. They are disappointed that the weather is not cooperating this weekend.

7 Comments:

At 03 June, 2006 00:41, Blogger Ruth said...

I HATE the Citibank identity theft commercial with the guy that sings (very off-key I might add) "Unbreak My Heart" at the end. I mute the TV everytime and wish that I had Tivo or at least the power to tune it out.

Such a pity... I do like the one with the King of the Hill looking guy who has the Valley Girl voice and says a line that goes something like "I hit the mall, and there in the window was this sexy little outfit, and oh my gosh, I just had to have it! Fifteen hundred dollars for a leather bustier?
I didn't care, it lifts and separates."

 
At 03 June, 2006 14:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanna shoot the TV when that toenail fungus commerical comes on where the fungus guy (who kind of looks like your green monster) goes diving under a toenail. GROSS!!!!

 
At 03 June, 2006 15:00, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

I hate that one where those people are trying to sell me stuff.

 
At 03 June, 2006 17:54, Blogger Kayla said...

Bluez..you nailed it!
I HATE that commercial
Digger the dermatophyte...Agggghhh!
Creeps me out every time.

 
At 04 June, 2006 11:47, Blogger Ruth said...

Ewww....ewww... yes, I hate that one too...

 
At 04 June, 2006 17:59, Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

Commercials are never heard at my house. They're normally muted. LOL

 
At 05 June, 2006 05:28, Blogger DaBich said...

I watch very little television. My fav id the one where the guys burns stuff in the microwave and says "Ohhh, that's not good." Makes me howl lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home