"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Just as it should be

Tomorrow begins a four game series between the Red Sox and Yankees in New York. So far, the Red Sox hold a 4-3 lead in the season series, with the Red Sox holding the slimmest of leads in the AL East after today's games.

Are the next four games important? Absolutely. Last season is the proof. The Yankees won the division by virtue of their 10-9 season series win. All of the games between these two heated and hated rivals mean something and are exciting to watch.

Just as it should be.

----

Today V, M and I went to the parents' house after church. It was the first time we'd seen them since mid-May. Dinner was good, though a wee bit well done - but not as bad as Easter dinner was. My little sister's birthday is this week and we gave her her birthday present, which she opened while we watched. We gave her a DVD and a book. To see her reaction when she saw the title of the book was priceless, since it is a topic that makes her angry to discuss. Which is why I gave it to her, of course. I'm always the one to give the controversial gifts, the ones that rub just a little bit, it seems. Call me a trouble maker or an instigator or whatever.

But that's the way I like it.

----

V learned a valuable lesson today. One she'll not soon forget. The lesson is, when Dad asks or tells you to do something, there's a good reason for it...

As we were leaving the parents' house this evening, my mom gave me the remaining half gallon of chocolate milk because this is V's favorite beverage. So I told her to hold on to the milk carton for me *so it wouldn't spill*. When I stopped at the end of the street, can you guess what happened and what my reaction was?

----

Before they went to bed tonight I read V and M another chapter in the first Chronicles of Narnia book. Then M wanted me to read to him one of my favorite short Dr. Seuss books, which is "Fox in Socks". My other favorite short Seuss book is "Oh, Say Can You Say?" For the longer Seuss books, my favorite has always been "On Beyond Zebra".

7 Comments:

At 05 June, 2006 05:25, Blogger DaBich said...

Dr Suess rocks! I think I loved his books MORE than my girls did lol.
Poor V, cried over spilled milk, did she? :(

 
At 05 June, 2006 12:36, Blogger requiredreading said...

Hop on Pop is cute:)

 
At 05 June, 2006 17:43, Blogger American Guy said...

"To see her reaction when she saw the title of the book was priceless, since it is a topic that makes her angry to discuss."

I don't know if your sister's birthday is a good time to make a point like that. It seems just a little... well, mean.

 
At 05 June, 2006 17:46, Blogger American Guy said...

"V learned a valuable lesson today."

And did Green learn a lesson from this? Like maybe don't entrust a 9 year old to hold an open container upright in a moving vehicle?

 
At 05 June, 2006 17:46, Blogger American Guy said...

And you can't go past the Lorax for Suess in his finest hour.

 
At 06 June, 2006 07:13, Blogger DaBich said...

Ahhh. but AG, you're off the mark there, on Dad learning the lesson. It's V's favorite - chocolate - thus it's her treat. She should be entrusted to hold onto it, if she wants to enjoy it. Otherwise, next time, Dad says NO to the leftovers :)

 
At 06 June, 2006 07:14, Blogger DaBich said...

However, AG, I agree with you on the birthday gift for Sister. It's her day, so Brother should make it special :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home