"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Monday, October 02, 2006

June 28, 2002

That was the last time I had gone into a gym to use the Nautilus machines - until tonight. Back then I was still a married chap and had a membership at the YMCA in Merrimack.

Having realized with the bicycling to work recently how out of shape I am, and with the boffo price (read: extremely cheap) I paid to join this health club, I figured it'd be a good idea to not waste the money spent and actually GO TO THE GYM. I even bought a combination padlock a few days ago in preparation for this. Actually, with this corporate membership I get to use the facilities at any one of three health clubs in the area for the next 11+ months.

So of to work I went this morning, gym bag in hand along with all of my other stuff, knowing that I would be going to check one of the clubs out this afternoon.

This club was kind of small and not too many people were there, which was good. No waiting for machines. They've got the standard cardio equipment and Nautilus machines plus a swimming pool and hot tub. After taking the three second tour, I was off to my workout. I asked the attendant about their guest policy, figuring that V and M will be enthusiastic about the indoor pool, which I can take them to on Saturdays, especially with autumn here and old man winter just around the corner.

I had made up a sheet from the Y listing all of the machines on the curcuit with my seat and back positions, weight and reps that I last lifted at. Needless to say I've taken some steps backwards in my self imposed 4+ year gym exile. But tonight wasn't meant for a serious workout, though I did leave there quite out of breath. Rather, tonight's goal was to just GET OUT and EXPLORE the facility and see where I am with the different machines and how to safely use them. When that was done I went to the cardio room and pedaled for two miles on the stationary bike, partly to check it out but honestly for the other part of my motivation for joining in the first place.

What's that, you ask?

Social interaction in a non-work related environment. And more importantly, the potential to meet single, physically fit ladies.

Think I'll be checking out the other club in town on Wednesday?

Ummmm, yeah. Pencil me in.

9 Comments:

At 03 October, 2006 15:26, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Gym? What's that? I seem to recall hearing something about gyms... I think I have a membership and have never used it. For months.

 
At 03 October, 2006 16:58, Blogger Kayla said...

I enjoy going to the gym, but must say that I have never met a man I was interested in there.
Seems the nice looking ones were married, and the single guys were obviously only there to check out the girls.
Moral of the story? Be sure you actually work out when you're there...don't lurk in the corners and stare!
haha

 
At 03 October, 2006 17:10, Blogger Tim said...

saur: that's what happened for a while when I had the Y membership. Didn't go as often as I should have.

kayla: I'll definitely work out when I'm there, because It'll be good for me I'm definitely not a lurker. Perhaps I won't meet any ladies there - but never do you know, especially because I don't do the bar scene. But my problem will be, if I see someone interesting: having to courage to go up and start a conversation with them, since I'm kind of shy at the worst possible moments...

 
At 03 October, 2006 23:07, Blogger American Guy said...

well maybe to start with, you can stop calling them ladies. No one uinder 70 uses 'ladies' unless they're sleazing onto someone in my expereience.

 
At 03 October, 2006 23:10, Blogger Kayla said...

I know you're not a lurker ;-)
Good luck..
Maybe your shyness will lessen?

 
At 04 October, 2006 04:50, Blogger DaBich said...

Have fun green...work out and Check out ;)

 
At 04 October, 2006 15:06, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

ag,


BWAAAA HAAAA HAAAA HAAAA!!!


green loves da ladies...

 
At 04 October, 2006 23:29, Blogger Tim said...

AG: fine. Single, physically fit women. Happy now?

 
At 05 October, 2006 14:16, Blogger Cezi said...

Wow, the camera in your phone is really good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home