"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Weekend Wrap-up

Wow, what a busy weekend.

Friday night I met K at Denny's in Nashua, where I picked up V and M. We drove to my parent's house after I completed a few errands.

Activity started early on Saturday morning as V, M and I got up early in order to be out the door by 8. K and the kids competed in a Tae-Kwon-Do tournament; with K meeting us at Tewksbury High School where the competition took place. They broke the athletes up by age and belt level, with the youngest kids competing at the beginning of the tournament. M and V, both green belts at 7 and 10 were among the first to compete. Both V and M only competed in breaking this time, opting not to do forms or sparring.

Every participant in the tournament medaled for participating. Mike won a bronze medal and V won a silver medal.

V and M wanted to see their mom compete which I had no problem with. The tiring part came with the wait, since the kids were done realtively early. K didn't get in the ring until 2:30ish in the afternoon. She competed in two events, earning a gold medal in forms and a silver medal in breaking.

We didn't get out of there until 3:15 or so; much later than I had anticipated.

Watching this tournament was neat and I have the feeling it won't be the last tournament I'll need to attend. Though one thing I know and it was reinforced while I was watching: I have no desire to take up any form of martial arts. I Advanced to an orange belt in karate as a youth but never carried it any further than that.

Good thing for me I brought a book to read during all of the down time, which made it bearable.

Today the kids and I went to church in the morning and afterwards headed up to K's house for M's birthday party. He'll turn 8 on Wednesday. M had invited six school friends to the party and four showed up. Aside from the standard cake, ice cream and unwrapping presents, all Mike wanted to do after was play with his friends. No cheesy "party games" here.

While I was at K's house, I turned on the Patriots game which had just started the third quarter with the score 42-7 in the Patriots favor. I was kind of surprised at that because the Pats have historically had trouble winning in Miami. Not today. The Patriots are that good and the Dolphins are that bad. QB Tom Brady threw 5 touchdown passes in the first half and had six for the game, eclipsing his personal best set last week and setting a franchise record for a single game in the process. They are now 7-0 and look unbeatable at present.

Boston College moved up to #2 in the Associated Press poll this week even though they were idle, mainly because the previous #2 team lost this past Thursday. If the college football season ended today, BC would play Ohio State for the National Champopnship.

The Red Sox have advanced to the 2007 World Series tonight by dispatching the Cleveland Indians 11-2, breaking the game open late and winning the series 4 games to 3. The opponent will be the Colorado Rockies. The World Series begins on Wednesday night at Fenway Park.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 22 October, 2007 07:49, Blogger DaBich said...

Brady looked amazing in Miami. I saw part of the game.
Congrats to the Sox for coming from behind (again) and beating Cleveland (sorry Autumn). It was a rough series, and now the Sox advances. Good luck with Colorado!

Happy Birthday to M! =D

 
At 23 October, 2007 14:03, Blogger Nancy said...

sorry i am a yankees fan. oh well to me. i finally did post again and ill shock everyone by posting again tomorrow. God-willing....

 
At 23 October, 2007 14:05, Blogger Nunzia said...

sorry i am a yankees fan. oh well to me. i finally did post again and ill shock everyone by posting again tomorrow. God-willing....

 
At 27 October, 2007 09:03, Blogger EE said...

My husband and 2 of my kids have just started TaeKwonDo. They had their first belt ceremony last week. My husband was the only adult. It was cute!
I don't like cheesy party games either!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home