"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My support was just not enough

I'm a little shocked that it came now instead of after Super Tuesday's 21 primaries. I am disappointed that John Edwards has decided to end his run for the White House in 2008.

Even I could see the writing on the wall that results in primaries held thusfar have yielded one second place finish and a whole lot of third place finishes. Senators Obama and Clinton have made the Democratic nomination what will be a historic two person race, no matter who wins.

I'm convinced, however, that we have not heard the last from Edwards, who is only 54. He will have other opportunities to run for President, if he wants them. Edwards will still impact this race for the Democratic nomination when he reveals whom he will endorse, giving that candidate a huge boost (assuming the majority of his supporters flow to the candidate he endorses). No matter whom he ends up supporting, he'll still have a voice in what the final Democratic platform will be come convention time. I'm sure he realizes now, that the most important thing is to do whatever he can to unite the Democratic Party in order to present the strongest possible ticket opposite whomever the cannon fodder is that the Republicans eventually nominate.

I do think that Edwards will eventually endorse Barack Obama, and I think he will do it before Super Tuesday. I don't think he'd be offered, nor would he accept another Vice Presidential nomination after 2004, but it's still within the realm of possibility. My hope is that he will be offered an important position in the Cabinet (or possibly Attorney General) for either an Obama or Clinton Administration. Either way, if Edwards really wants the White House in 2012 or 2016, more national exposure in a high profile position will be good for him.

You're probably wondering who I'm going to endorse now that my man is out, right? Some of you could probably guess, but you'll have to wait until Tuesday for the official word.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home