"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Busy weekend ahead... among other things.

On the lighter side: I've had this graphic (on the left) kicking around inside my computer for quite some time and thought I'd share it with y'all tonight. I couldn't successfully enlarge the graphic by itself, so you'll have to click on it to enlarge it. Do the work, have some fun. Cheers!

---

Don't forget that there's a fun little football game this weekend (Sunday @ 18:00 EST on FOX) taking place out in Arizona that you really should watch. My prediction for the game will come on Sunday before kickoff.

---

On to more serious business: This weekend my church is hosting a Prophecy conference with Jimmy DeYoung as the guest speaker. The schedule appears on the right (click to enlarge). I'll attempt to bring you some of the highlights of the weekend as best as I can.

I'd also like you to look at this. It is the itinerary for a trip that my pastor will lead this fall to Greece and Turkey. I'm not able to afford this trip yet but I would certainly love to go, and am trying to make it happen. It's trips to places like these that make me wonder how anyone can sneer at or doubt the historical accuracy of the Bible, in this case the New Testament. Makes me wonder what world they're living in. I went on a similarly detailed trip to Israel and Egypt in 1996 and I can tell you first hand how awesome it is to visit in places that you read about in the Bible and envision the events that happened there.

---

Right now, I'm watching the Democratic debate between Senators Clinton and Obama. It's very interesting for me now, especially since my candidate dropped out yesterday. I think it's encouraging that, while the candidates have differences in some of their plans for this and that, their disagreements don't seem as radical as the disagreements that the Republicans appear to have.

My favorite response came from a question asked by a 38 year old woman from South Carolina. She asked how Hillary could be an agent for change when, for the last 20 years (since she has been eligible to vote) that there has been either a Clinton or a Bush on the ticket. Hillary's response was classic. She said that it took a Clinton to clean up the mess left by the first Bush and that it looks like it will take another Clinton to clean up the mess from this Bush.

The debate was very cordial and the candidates stuck to the issues, which was refreshing. There were some light hearted jabs but nothing too injurious. The results of the Super Tuesday primaries will be interesting indeed.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 01 February, 2008 14:34, Blogger Gledwood said...

O man it has to be Hillary. HAS TO BE

and I am not even American

 
At 01 February, 2008 15:07, Blogger Tim said...

gledwood: thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate new visitors and commenters.

But I must disagree. Hillary it must not be.

I certainly hope not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home