"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Friday, February 08, 2008

Biggest Hallmark holiday going

Poking around the web this morning, I came across this article.

With less than a week before Valentine's Day, these kinds of articles will appear all over. A sampling of some of the over 600 comments left gave mixed reviews for the article.

Though I'm no expert, I would say that there's no set list of what to get or not get for your significant other on this "holiday". You know him/her best and what they like or don't like. I think what gifts you give or get from your partner will greatly depend on how long you've been together. You certainly aren't going to get someone you've just started dating the same thing as you would for a person you've been married to for 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50+ years.

Looks like I'll be flying solo once again this Valentine's Day. Believe it or not, I'm fine with that because I'm hopeful in the future and confident that my "valentine" is out there somewhere. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be in a relationship again. It will happen when the time is right.

Being someone's Valentine shouldn't be a one day deal, anyway. It's a 24/7/365¼ adventure that you share with your partner every day of your life together.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12 February, 2008 13:32, Blogger DaBich said...

You and Zepplinlady ought to get together and console each other...you're both posting about the same woes...http://www.blogger.com/profile/07265376530271257247
just sayin...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home