"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Saturday, October 04, 2008

SNMR 5.16: "The Gameplan"

Tonight's SNMR feature is "The Gameplan", (2007, PG, 110 minutes) starring Dwayne Johnson, Madison Pettis, Kyra Sedgwick, Roselyn Sanchez, and Morris Chestnut. The film was directed by Andy Fickman.

PLOT SUMMARY: Joe Kingman (Johnson) has it all as the star quarterback for the Boston Rebels, leading his team towards a championship. Fame, fortune, a fantastic apartment with all of the high tech toys a man could want. What he also has... is an eight year old daughter that he didn't know he had - until she walks up to his doorstep.

MY OPINION: My kids talked me into buying this DVD last night and watching it today. I had never seen this moive before and really had no desire to see it. Being a Disney film, I imagined that it would be sugary and cute. And it was.

But that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Johnson is a surprisingly decent actor with a bit of comedic timing and skill. He's quite likeable in this role, considering his character is a self-centered, pompous jerk. Daughter Peyton (Madison Pettis), in her first feature film role, steals the movie with every scene she's in. The script is decent, even though the story line is well-used and the directing, while not spectacular is good enough. I like that the film takes place in Boston, and I could tell that some of the football/staduim scenes were filmed at Gillette Stadium, where the real Boston area pro football team plays.

I'm not sure it was worth the $13 I paid for the DVD, but V and M liked it, so I can't complain too loudly.

**½ out of *****

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 06 October, 2008 09:55, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I've always liked The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) but this one looked too lame for me to watch it. I don't want to lose the He-Man image I have of him from The Scorpion King.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home