"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Vacation with the kids part 1



I have been on vacation this week from work. A much needed break. I have also had the privelege of having my kids with me for the whole week. This is unusual for me, since I only usually have my kids on the weekends. We have not gone anywhere special so far.

Monday was a pajama day, where we spent the whole day being lazy, watching television and movies and just spending time together. I taught the kids how to play a board game called Pay Day. This is a game that came out in the mid 1970's, that my sister and I got for Christmas one year when we were kids. While I was reading the rules, my daughter was bored and did not think she would like the game. Oncw we started playing, however, she got into it. We played a four month game which my son won.

Tuesday we did some errands, grocery shopping and a trip to the post office to check the mailbox. I took them into my work so that they could see where I spend alot of my time. I introduced them to my co-workers and bosses, and they got to see me dress up into my clean room costume. We only spent about a half hour there but I think they enjoyed the little tour I gave them.

Today we played a six month game of Pay Day, which I won over my daughter by a mere $170. It was great fun. After lunch we went swimming in the pool. My kids discovered the fun of jumping into the water from the edge of the pool. Once they realized how much fun it is to do they enthusiastically kept doing it for the rest of the afternoon, even in the deep end of the pool. I even got into it with them. We had a wonderful time.

Tomorrow it looks like thunderstorms will be the order of the day but Friday looks really hot. Friday we will go to visit Camp Wonderland in Sharon. Mass., where I spent many summers as a kid. We'll go swimming in the lake there and I'll take them on a tour of the grounds. They will get a chance to play on the many playgrounds. I hope they will enjoy it. I know that I will. I spent the summers from 1973-1988 there and really have not been there too often since.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home