"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Who is to blame... I'll tell you.



Tonight I passed a gas station where the price was $3.09 9/10 per gallon. This was in Billerica, Massachusetts. Here in lovely Nashua, New Hampshire there was a station at $2.99 9/10. That's better but not by much. Gas prices are horrendous. Highest in American history. So the questions are: Who is to blame and what is he doing about it?

The answers are DUBYA and NOTHING.

On Tuesday gas prices were 50 cents per gallon lower. I'll bet that's a record for the largest hike in the span of three days here in the USA. But George W. Bushwhacker doesn't do anything about it. Does he buy his own gas right now? No. King George doesn't give a rats poop about this because he has no more elections to deal with, so he really doesn't have to be accountable for it because his legacy is set for better or worse. Now he says don't buy gas if you don't need it. Who doesn't need gas? He's always wanted to tear through Alaska, ruining that state's wonderful wildlife to drill for oil that MIGHT be there? Now he has an excuse if he wants it.

Would John Kerry have been perfect as president? No. Better? Absolutely. But before you call me a democratic homer, I'd blame Kerry for this mess too if he were in Curious George's shoes.

Some people voted for Georgie-boy because he's a Christian. I say so what? Doesn't change the fact that he's as sharp as a marble. John Kerry claimed to be a Christian too, albeit Catholic. I'm a Christian too, but no way was I going to vote for Bushy on that fact alone as some Americans did. That would have been stupid. In fact, I'm proud to say I have never voted for a Bush. I said five years ago that Dubya reminded me of a deer caught in the headlights. He's done everything to reinforce that opinion. Some things never change.

Since I could rant for a long time (and have for too long already) on the ineffectiveness of the current administration and since I need to go to bed, in closing I'll just say this:

Thanks to all of you who voted for this idiot again and making us all suffer until 2008. The old adage applies here, "Be careful for what you wish for, because you may get it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home