"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Saturday, October 15, 2005

I've been robbed



I don't know when it happened or who did it.

When my kids and I were out doing errands this morning, I noticed that someone stole the hood ornament from my van. I suspect it was taken by one of the many kids who live in this apartment complex.

I'll be the first to admit that my van is old and on it's last legs. It looks crappy enough as it is, but now it looks worse. It wasn't even an exciting hood ornament. It was only the Dodge/Chrysler logo. I wonder how much another hood ornament would cost if I found one at a junk yard? I'm sure I could find one there. Dodge Caravans are everywhere.

---

While doing those previously mentioned errands today, I saw a billboard sign advertising the $300,000,000 Powerball Jackpot up for grabs tonight. So obviously I had to stop and buy some tickets. I had $4 on me so I bought four quickpicks. I'm not holding my breath that I'll win because it's very likely that I won't even sniff a winner. But you can't win if you don't play, right? Here's to hoping... ;>)

---

It is raining again today. It's going to rain again tomorrow, too. It has been rainy and overcast for over a week now here in southern New Hampshire. It is quite depressing to not see the sun for so long. Forecasters are saying that this weekend alone we could get two inches of rain. Add that to the other inch or so of rain that we've had in the last week and we're looking at about three inches of rain in about 10 days. I suppose the only bright side to the weather now is that it isn't cold enough to be snow. One inch of rain equals ten inches of snow, so we'd have 30 inches of the white stuff. Now that would really be depressing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home