"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Inspiration

These gifts I ask of the Spirit:
Serene Strength for the daily task
Courage to face the road
Good Cheer to help me bear the traveler's load
and for the hours of rest that come between An Inward Joy of All Things Heard & Seen.
-Henry Van Dyke

My life is an instant - an hour which passes by
My life is a moment - which I have no power to stay
You know O my God that to love you here on earth - I only have today.
-St. Therese of Lisieux

Give me a pure heart that I may see thee
A humble heart that I may hear thee
A heart of love that I may serve thee
A heart of faith that I may abide in thee.
-Dag Hammarskjold

I believe in the SUN even when it is not shining.
I believe in LOVE even when I cannot feel it.
I believe in GOD even when He is silent.
-Anonymous Jewish prisoner during the Holocaust

God grant me the sernity to accept the things I cannot change
Courage to change the things I can and
Wisdom to know the difference.
-Reinhold Niebuhr

Teach Us Good Lord to Serve Thee
As thou deservest
To GIVE and not count the cost
To FIGHT and not heed the wounds
To TOIL and not to seek for rest
To LABOUR and not to ask for any reward
save that of knowing that we do Thy will.
-St. Ignatius of Loyola

DEAR LORD
I expect to pass through this world but once;
and any good thing therefore that I can do OR
any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature
LET ME DO IT NOW
let me not defer or neglect it for I may not pass this way again.
-Stephen Grellet

Let there be peace on earth
and let it begin with me
Let there be peace on earth
the peace that was meant to be
With God as our Father
brothers all are we
Let me walk with my brother
in perfect harmony
Let peace begin with me
let this be the moment now
With every step I take
let this be the solemn vow
To take each moment and live each moment in Peace eternally
Let there be peace on earth
and let it begin with me.
-Jill Jackson and Sy Miller

Lord, make me an instrumentof your peace
Where there is hatred, let me sow love
Where there is injury, pardon
Where there is doubt, faith
Where there is despair, hope
Where there is darkness, light
Where there is sadness, joy
O divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled as to console
To be understood as to understand
To be loved as to love
For it is in giving that we receive
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned
It is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
AMEN.
-St. Francis of Assisi

An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm on your face
The rain softly on your fields
and until we meet again
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
-Anonymous

The LORD is my Shepherd
I shall not want
He makes me lie down in green pastures
He leads me beside the still waters
He restores my Soul.
-Psalm 23:1-3

OUR FATHER
Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy name
Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us
And lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil
For Thine is the kingdom
And the power
And the glory forever
AMEN.
-Matthew 6:9-13

9 Comments:

At 20 February, 2006 23:40, Blogger Kayla said...

Beautiful! I enjoyed reading each entry.

 
At 21 February, 2006 05:51, Blogger DaBich said...

I love the prayer of St. Francis :)

 
At 21 February, 2006 10:57, Blogger Minister Scribe said...

May we offer yet another passage?


Sermon from My Mouth


[This sermon was transcribed by Nosmo King, at the Eris Esoterica Revival Tent and Miracle Medicine Show, Skokie, Indiana, 1972, only hours before his mysterious disappearance in a Skokie Howard Johnsons. The tape recorder was found in a ladies' room stall, where King was last seen. I have endeavored to preserve the atmosphere of the sermon by joining the assembled throng in their fervent responses. -- Ed.]

Brothers and sisters...
Brothers and sisters, it is a cold world we live in -- cold-ah! Where brother turns against brother! Sister against sister! Parent against child! Neighbor hates neighbor! Nations against nation! Man bites dog! And-ah, brothers and sisters-ah, I know why! I know why this happens! There is a rea-son-ah! A REAson-ah. Y'all listen close now, brothers, sisters and children of Our Lady!
The reason is that people are sure-ah! They are firm in their beliefs! Their beliefs-ah! Their BELIEFS-ah! For out there, in the Land of Thud, every man is an island of surety! [``No!'' -- Ed.] Security! [``No!'' -- Ed.] Sobriety! [``NOOOO!'' -- Ed.] Every man is sure of up and down! [``No!'' -- Ed.] Right and left-ah! [``No!'' -- Ed.] Right and wrong-ah! [``No!'' -- Ed.] And I can hear you out there-ah, sayin'-ah ``Say it ain't so, Reverend! Say it ain't so, Brother Alleluja! SAY IT AIN'T SO-ah!''
But it is, my children. So it is.
And you say-ah, so you say-ah, ``Reverend! What can we do-ah? What can we do-ah?'' You say, ``We are helpless, Reverend, against the Big World-ah and its jails-ah and its Bibles-ah and its policemen-ah and its firemen-ah, its doctors-ah, nurses-ah, Indian chiefs-ah, people in uniform-ah! People in authority-ah! The cold truth-ah! The ugly fact-ah! The harsh REALITY-ah...
Reverend, there are LAWYERS out there-ah!''
Lawyers out there-ah!
Lawyers out there-ah!
Now I know your fear, brothers and sisters. I have felt your fear-ah. I know your pain. But you are not alone-ah! You are not helpless-ah! You are not alone because our Lady is with you-ah! Gimme a Hail Eris [``Hail Eris!'' -- Ed.] Gimme a HO-sanna! [``Hosanna!'' -- Ed.] Let me hear the word on the apple-ah! [``KALLISTI!'' -- Ed.]
Now y'all listen to me, brothers and sisters! I have it from on high-ah! I have the word from on HIGH-ah! I would tell you that I have it on good authority -- but there is no such thing as good authority-ah -- I have it from on high-ah that there is something you can do about it! Tell me what the word is-ah! [``KALLISTI!'' -- Ed.]

 
At 21 February, 2006 11:54, Blogger Tim said...

DISCLAIMER: the above comment/sermon thingee is the viewpoint of scribe and scribe only. It is not endorsed by the blog administrator. But for reasons of fairness and free speech the blog administrator will not remove the above comment/sermon thingee.

 
At 21 February, 2006 14:28, Blogger DaBich said...

ummm...I don't follow it anyway
:;shrugs::

 
At 21 February, 2006 15:27, Blogger Minister Scribe said...

COWARD!!!

 
At 22 February, 2006 05:47, Blogger DaBich said...

Don't touch that button!

 
At 22 February, 2006 15:27, Blogger Ruth said...

The Irish Blessing is one of my favorites...

 
At 23 February, 2006 21:57, Blogger Tim said...

johnathan: Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I appreciate it & hope you'll come back again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home