"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Friday, February 03, 2006

Random Musings

Don't you hate it when that little envelope pops up down there on your computer's toolbar telling you that you've got a new e-mail, and it turns out to be spam? I do. Just happened again. GRRRRRR.

Isn't it amazing how we seem to be consumed by our posessions? This hit me the other day as I recently packaged up three dvd's that I sold on ebay, only to open up a package I received that same day which had three cd's in it that I bought on ebay. Do we ever stop and realize how much stuff we own and take for granted? Can you imagine what people did in their spare time before television, movies, dvd's and the internet? I certainly wouldn't want to live in a techlology-less age or one with less sophisticated toys, anywho.

Two of these recent ebay buyers are from Canada and the other is from Austria. Even though the ad said I will only ship to the US & Canada, this fella bought a dvd from me anyway. I'm going to ship it to him anyway, since I've never sold anything to anyone in Austria before.

I believe I had more Forgotten English words here as part of this post at one time, but it looks like BIG BAD BLOGGER ate them. Hate it when that happens...

7 Comments:

At 04 February, 2006 14:54, Blogger American Guy said...

"Isn't it amazing how we seem to be consumed by our posessions? ..."

Stop consuming so much then. Some people say it's not easy, but it's really not so hard.

"... Do we ever stop and realize how much stuff we own and take for granted? ..."

Unfortunately, most of us don't - and THAT's the problem. Live in the underdeveloped world for a while and your persepctive will be changed radically. At least it was for me.

"... Can you imagine what people did in their spare time before television, movies, vhs tapes/dvd's, video games and the internet? ..."

Um, they talked to each other. Oddly enough, some people still do.

"... I certainly wouldn't want to live in a techlology-less age or one with less sophisticated toys, anywho."

And yet the majority of the world's population still does.

 
At 05 February, 2006 16:03, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

I would love to discuss this further, but I am at the library where I can get FREE things and don't hve to worry about keeping them and allowing them to take up space!

 
At 05 February, 2006 17:51, Blogger American Guy said...

You're at the LIBRARY Scribe?!?

Are you nuts? You're just begging Alberto Gonzales to slap you in a cell somewhere in Albania.

We can't have our citizens engaging in subversive activities like research or learning about things now, can we?

 
At 05 February, 2006 18:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a really bad experience with E-bay, was enuff to delete myself and never go back. Be careful shipping out of the country...It wasn't a pleasant experience for me...

 
At 05 February, 2006 18:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a really bad experience with E-bay, was enuff to delete myself and never go back. Be careful shipping out of the country...It wasn't a pleasant experience for me...

 
At 05 February, 2006 18:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was SO bad I had to post it twice LOL...dang word verification

 
At 06 February, 2006 13:48, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

american,

I was only borrowing bad music and books on CD- I swear! O lawdy I sho' nuff do swear!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home