"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Friday, March 24, 2006

Slow mail day

I had to meet the ex at the Mall of New Hampshire after work today to pick up V and M for the weekend.

I made two stops on my way to the mall. One of the stops was the post office, so I could check my mailbox.

The ladies who work at the post office where my mailbox is know me by name, since I'm there quite often picking up and mailing packages. The only thing in my box was a yellow card, indicating that I had something larger than would fit into my box. As soon as the not busy clerk saw me, she went to get it. When she handed it to me, I asked her if that was all I had. She said yes & that it was an unusually slow mail day. Normally I get lots of bills, junk mail, catalogs & magazines.

I am expecting two DVD's I bought on eBay ten days ago to arrive and that's what I thought my package was.



Wrong....




It was a small envelope from Dallas Theological Seminary.


As soon as I saw the address label I felt my breath catch in my throat. Could this be it? Could this be the acceptance letter I've been waiting for or the reject letter I dread to receive?

Once I got back into my car I ripped it open only to find......


a letter that said something like....




"We enjoyed having you visit us at the DTS campus for "Discover Dallas" and would you be so kind as to fill out this questionnaire to tell us what you liked or disliked about your experience, plus a SASE. We've also included a CD of Chuck Swindoll's chapel message and Dr. Hendricks "Why Seminary" message, both from Friday, March 3rd."


But nothing telling me the one vital piece of information that I desperately want and need to know.

So while I'm glad to have the CD they sent, (I wish they had included Prof. Toussaint's chapel message from Thursday on the CD as well...) I was a bit disappointed.

I dislike slow mail days.

8 Comments:

At 25 March, 2006 10:49, Blogger Deb said...

Snail mail is the best when it's the good kinda mail. Sorry you didn't get what you were hoping for, but I'm sure this is protocol for them, and questionaires just to see where they're at.

I hope everything goes okay, and wish you luck! Don't sweat it. Oh----my solution for that crappy junk mail----A HUGE SHREDDER! Fricken hate that crap. Save a tree!

 
At 25 March, 2006 11:12, Blogger starbender said...

Shannon, I'm with U-I hate waiting on things we are expecting...
The longer U have 2 wait...,
the more stressed we become!
:o

 
At 25 March, 2006 11:42, Blogger Minister Scribe said...

My child, why waste thy time with outdated theological pursuits when thou canst obtain thy confirmation a simpler way?


http://www.ulc.org/

 
At 25 March, 2006 14:05, Blogger Tim said...

shannon & ~deb: I hope to get the word either this week or beginning of April.

Definitely better than bills.

The questionnaire had an optional space to write your name. Since I was the only one who was there from New England, when they see the postmark they'll know it's mine. So I signed my name....

starbender: welcome to my blog & thanks for commenting. New readers are always appreciated.

scribe: I dare not look...

 
At 25 March, 2006 14:17, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Actually, it's OK to look. I take into account your delicate sensibilities.

 
At 25 March, 2006 14:48, Blogger Tim said...

Is this how you became "minister scribe?"

Respectfully, no. I think I'll pass. I'm looking for a real education and not some cheap-o certificate that anyone can have, which means absolutely nothing.

 
At 27 March, 2006 05:42, Blogger DaBich said...

Dang, all that suspense and what a letdown LOL

 
At 27 March, 2006 09:54, Blogger Minister Scribe said...

green,

they're all cheap-o things that anybody can have LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home