"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Sunday, May 07, 2006

D-OH!!

The sale at my parent's church on Saturday that V, M and I volunteered to help out with raised over $1000.00 for their missionary effort.

After we helped to clean up, ex indeed met us at my parent's house where she took the kids to their cousin's birthday party. They got back to my apartment at 21:00. I told V and M that IF they slept in until 8:00 this morning, then we would not go to church. Incentive indeed, as my clock read 8:05 - into my room pops V to advise me that they had slept until the required time, so that we were not going to church today. She was right, as at 7:45 I got up to pee and both V and M were still sleeping.

When the kids left for the party, I told them that I would bring their sneakers and dirty clothes back with me to the apartment. Of course when I got home they were nowhere to be found.

So this morning we went back to the parent's house to retrieve the forgotten items. We spent the afternoon there. When we got home, after the kids and I were all in our jammies, I realized that I only had ONE of V's sneakers.

She hadn't yet put her shoes in the hall closet. The missing shoe wasn't in my car, either.

D'OH!!

I didn't feel like driving back to the parents domicile to retrieve the missing shoe, so decided to go to the open 'til midnight evil empire to get her another pair. They didn't have many sneakers in her size (13 1/2). And the ones they had were canvas, which she wanted nothing to do with. So drove we to the evil empire Supercenter, open 24 hours, where the selection was much bigger, but still not quite right. They had more regular sneakers in her size, but none we liked until she found a pair that look like her other sneakers but were a size 1. These she ended up choosing, even though they are half a size too big for her feet. I figure better a little too big than the other way around. Since evil empire Supercenter also carries groceries, we did a little necessity food shopping while we were there.

We could have driven down to the parent's place to get the missing shoe but figured on less gas wasted if we just go to the store at the end of the street...

I hate it when I forget important stuff. Makes me feel like Homer Simpson.

Oh well. Gotta go change the sheets on my bed. G'night, all.

5 Comments:

At 08 May, 2006 16:33, Blogger starbender said...

D'oh! I hate when that happens. My
kids always leave things behind, no matter where they go. On freezing cold days, they even manage 2 leave their coats! Don't U think they would notice?
:)

 
At 08 May, 2006 16:35, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Kid's always leave stuff behind! Whats up with that?? :D Glad you had fun!

 
At 08 May, 2006 17:58, Blogger Ruth said...

When I was 8 and my sister was 6, she left her beloved Curious George doll in a hotel room. We were in the back seat of the car, all hushed whispers about the missing toy and mom kept asking us what we were talking about. 100 miles later she said "Are you looking for this?"... holding up the monkey by his wobbly arm. My mom could hear every word and dad was in on it too... they thought it was HILARIOUS... parents... I thought my sister would have a coronary. :o)

 
At 08 May, 2006 19:59, Blogger Kayla said...

Sounds like V is quite the little shopper :)
I read this post just before I went to sleep and had the weirdest dream...
One part of it involved you dressed in Homer Simpson garb and complete with huge bug eyes!!
I laughed so hard when I woke up!

 
At 08 May, 2006 20:14, Blogger Tim said...

star: nope. kids ( adults too it seems ) forget stuff all the time

saur: I agree. So do I... We did.

sarafina: great story!!!

Kayla: V is definitely taking after her mom in the shopping dept....you should have seen her. Too cute.

Dreaming about me is cool - 'specially if it's not a nightmare...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home