"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Friday, July 14, 2006

Traveling man

Early tomorrow morning, my parents and I will be driving down to New Jersey so that we can visit with my 97 year old grandfather. They've been going once a month recently. I have not seen my grandfather in a year or two. I'm going this time because it very well may be that the next time I see him will be at his funeral. I haven't taken the opportunity to go down there to see him very often, since it's a long drive and well, he'll know that I'm there but he won't likely remember that I am. We'll be driving back on Sunday and I should be back sometime Sunday afternoon or early evening.

Healthwise, he's doing as well as anyone his age can be expected to be doing. But when you get to be that old, every day is a blessing and a bonus.

I'm going to bring my laptop with me but likely will not post on Saturday becasue I'm not likely to have an internet connection at the place we are staying. So just a reminder that this week's SNMR will be posted on Sunday, as we continue Harrison Ford month.

Yes it is weird. Becasue of this quick weekend trip, I have arranged with ex for her parents to watch V and M. Her parents live on a lake here in NH. I told them that they will have a much better time playing in the water than sitting in a car for 12 hours and sitting with my grandfather for most of the other time. I told V and M that they'd be bored to tears if they went with me this weekend, considering both weekend days are supposed to be HHH. I'm going to call them on Saturday evening just to say hi and tell them that I miss them and love them very much, which I will and do.

I saw V and M last night and will have them with me again next weekend, resuming our normal schedule.

2 Comments:

At 15 July, 2006 17:39, Blogger Ruth said...

I know what it's like to visit someone and to know that they likely won't remember that you were even there. Will be thinking of you. Hoping it's a good trip and that you are able to get in some good thinking time on the drive there and back... xoS

 
At 16 July, 2006 06:59, Blogger starbender said...

How cool-
tell grampa I said hi!
All my granparents died
when I was young! :"(
Never got to know them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home