"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Sunday, October 22, 2006

I'm not looking forward to Monday night

Yes, you heard me right.

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow night. I'm scheduled to take the NH state licensing exam for health & life insurance at 19:30 in Concord.

The test is 150 multiple choice questions and is timed at 2 1/2 hours. Which means I won't even be done with the test until 22:00!! I need a minimum score of 70% to pass.

And it costs $100 to sign up and another $100 every time you have to re-take this test.

One woman in my training class failed the exam twice and is supposed to take it again either tonight or Monday or Tuesday night. Another woman in my class barely passed, and was quite sure that she had failed.

The large book of information I'm supposed to digest can be summed up in one word: b-o-r-i-n-g. You might think this would be a bad attitude to have going into a new career but it's true. Even the manager of my department, who has been in the business for ten years, admitted to me during my second interview that the book for the test was major snooze material. If you suffer from insomnia I'll lend you this book and you'll be cured. Trust me.

After going through the company and product specific training last week I can tell you with 95% accuracy that I'll never need to open the book for the licensing exam again.

Oh well, I've babbled on enough and need to get some sleep.

TTFN

5 Comments:

At 23 October, 2006 05:26, Blogger DaBich said...

I think it's horrible to schedule a test so friggin late! What is wrong with those idiots?!?!?
Good luck Green!

 
At 23 October, 2006 17:07, Blogger Kayla said...

Good luck!
Leave a comment tonight and let us know how you think it went.

 
At 23 October, 2006 23:14, Blogger Tim said...

dabich & kayla: Thanks. One thing about this computerized testing: you get your results right away.

I needed a 70% score, and I got a 58% score. I had 88/150 questions correct. But the deal is that they don't tell you which questions you got wrong, so I can't go back to the book and re-review specific sections for the next try.

So tomorrow I'll call and reschedule the test again...

 
At 24 October, 2006 11:00, Blogger Kayla said...

Ugghh..too bad Green.
Study hard and pass that thing!

 
At 25 October, 2006 06:02, Blogger DaBich said...

DAYUM! That sucks....better luck next time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home