"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Friday, October 13, 2006

My road now leads in a different direction.

I'm not the kind of person who is an attention seeker. Mind you, I like to be praised for a job well done once in a while, but won't kiss anyone's backside to get recognition. I prefer to let my performance speak for itself and let the chips fall where they will.

Today was my last day at my now former place of employment. It was a normal, hectic day up until the end. After lunch one of my friends handed me a farewell card signed by everyone who was in today. A few folks were out and I'm sure they would have signed the card as well.

I was moved.

It's nice to know that the people I worked closely with appreciated me and the way I went about my job, every day. It was also readily apparent that my co-workers will miss me. Even though some days I didn't feel it, I always tried to convey an upbeat, positive attitude. I take a great deal of pride in knowing that my supervisors and co-workers could count on me to handle whatever came up (in a small company you wear many hats), so that they could concentrate on something else.

Yes, I'll miss the place I worked for the last two years and two months. It will definitely be weird, come Monday. But it's on to bigger and (hopefully) better things.

I've also arranged with them that, if my new schedule allows, should they need help cleaning a barrel or setting up a room or whatever, I'd be available for a few hours here and there.

You know, just to keep my foot in the door.

I'd also like to think that management will come to realize that they made a mistake in not doing more to keep me around...

2 Comments:

At 15 October, 2006 15:15, Blogger Kayla said...

I've found it's usually bittersweet leaving a job.
Good luck on your new path.
And always a good idea not to burn any bridges.

 
At 16 October, 2006 05:51, Blogger DaBich said...

Management NEVER admits mistakes. Remember that.
Good luck with the new job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home