"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Old television shows

Over the past few weeks, I've been re-watching one of my favorite television shows from when I was a kid. That show would be Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, starring Gil Gerard, Erin Gray and Tim O'Connor. This show only aired for a season and a half before it was cancelled. A few years ago the complete series was released on DVD. Every time I watch these shows, it brings back good memories. We never missed an episode. I liked it then because I was ten and into that kind of program (still am to some degree). Erin Gray as Col. Deering was hot. Pamela Hensley as Princess Ardala was hot. I like it now for sentimental reasons. Even though the acting is bad, to be charitable, the storylines were neat and Erin Gray and Pamela Hensley were hot back then.

As many of you know from reading over the past year or so, my most recent favorite show was ALIAS. I got hooked on it because I think there's something sexy about a woman who can kick my butt and look great doing it. That is in addition to the cool story lines.

A friend of mine at work borrowed from me the first four seasons of ALIAS. The other day she was asking me to tell her what happened in season five, which was the show's last. I told her that there were a lot of things that happened and more than I could casually explain. I suggested to her that she should rent the final season when it is released on DVD, scheduled for November 21.

I never thought that I'd have an interest in some of these old shows, but I do. They make a nice addition to my DVD collection.

Unlike my parents, I'm not a television junkie. It takes a lot to get me involved in a regular show that's not a baseball or football game. But I have discovered that once I start watching these old shows, it's hard to stop. When I was in college, I had no interest in watching Beverly Hills 90210. Several years later I got hooked on this show and have since satisfied the itch catching the majority of them daily on the WB.


Funny how some shows seem to peak the interest and others not so much.

So I'm interested in knowing what television shows you liked as a kid and which ones that you watch now? Why do you like these shows? How did you get involved in watching them? What is the hook that keeps you coming back each week?

2 Comments:

At 12 October, 2006 16:36, Blogger Kayla said...

I watch 2 episodes of the Andy Griffith show every day!
It's just so pure and wholesome.
I love how laid back the town is.

 
At 13 October, 2006 04:48, Blogger DaBich said...

Oh I NEVER missed Dark Shadows! I thought Quentin was sooo hot! LOL
Now? Give me hockey! Go Pens!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home