"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Monday, October 09, 2006

Talking out loud to myself

What do you do if the unthinkable becomes the real and likely? If only I had another month. If only. The inevitable will finally come. And, for my sanity's sake it better be temporary.

Further details?

No, I'm way too embarrassed about this one. For now you'll have to sit and wonder what I'm talking about.

True, it's not the end of the world and one day I may look back at this predicament and laugh. But not today. Not now.

---

In case you were wondering, my trip to New Jersey was about as I had expected. My grandfather, well let's just say he's a little bit worse for wear since I saw him in July. We only actually spent a few hours with him and while he seemed glad that we were there, probably forgot about our visit within minutes after we left. I honestly can't see him lasting through the winter. It's probably better for him if he dies. Then he'd be home, to the place he's wanted to go since my grandmother died in 2001.

On the plus side, we were sitting down for lunch at a restaurant less than a block from the nursing home, when two men came over to our table. Two men that happened to be my Uncle D and his son P, whom we hadn't seen since grammy's funeral. It was nice to see them, an unexpected surprise.

Uncle D is my grandfather's middle son and my cousin P is about a month and a half younger than myself. He's the youngest of Uncle D's five kids.

6 Comments:

At 10 October, 2006 05:46, Blogger DaBich said...

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty. And it's so hard to lose a loved one, even if it is a blessing.
Hugz to ya!

 
At 10 October, 2006 12:18, Blogger Kayla said...

Sorry to hear of the declining health of your grandfather.
Thank God he knows where he's going and that he'll be there with his wife.
My 33 year old cousin just died last Friday. He is definately in a better Place, but I feel sorry for the pain of his immediate family.

Oh dear..many unthinkables come to mind! I wonder which one you are having to deal with

 
At 10 October, 2006 20:45, Blogger Ruth said...

Can't wait to hear your news.

Thanks for sharing the details of your visit with your grandfather. I visit my grandparents in NC soon and know I'll be in shock since it's been awhile. xoS

 
At 10 October, 2006 23:06, Blogger American Guy said...

"What do you do if the unthinkable becomes the real and likely?"

Oh no, did you find an error in your 2000 year old book? That is unthinkable.

You might have to reason for yourself if that were the case.

don't worry, I'm sure that you'll find a way to rationalise it all away, and as you say, the effect will only be temporary.

 
At 10 October, 2006 23:13, Blogger Tim said...

dabich, kayla & sarafina: thanks. for the good wishes regarding my grandfather. Unfortunately he's getting worse but has lived a full life for most of his 97 years. Part of me will be relieved when he dies just because he'll be in a better place and I'll see him again someday.

AG: unfortunately for you, my friend, what you suggest has nothing whatever to do with my present predicament. keep trying though.

 
At 12 October, 2006 20:50, Blogger Tim said...

cr: thanks. I'm sure he had an impact on many people - he was a minister in the Salvation Army for over 40 years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home