"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Thursday, October 19, 2006

NLCS Game 7 and World Series Prediction

Last I looked (online, since I vowed not to watch any postseason baseball this year), the Mets and Cardinals were tied 1-1 in the fifth inning. I just can't make myself root for any team based in New York, so I'd like to see the Cardinals win tonight.

No matter, though.

With a week to rest and set up their pitching rotation any way they like, I'll take the Tigers winning the World Series in five games over either National League team. I will say this, though: I think that the NL team will win Game 1, then it's four and out for them - just because it's been a long time since the Tigers have played. That's the one drawback to being as dominant as they have been in this year's playoffs.

The Tigers have been the best team in baseball all season anyway. They have not been close to the World Series since they won it in 1984. In between then and now, the Tigers have put some absolutely putrid teams on the field.

There you have it. My predictions. Let's see how accurate I am.

UPDATE: Well I was right that the Cardinals would beat the Mets in the NLCS game 7.
I was right that the NL team would win game 1 of the World Series.
I was right that the World Series would last five games.
I picked the wrong winning team, however.

three out of four isn't bad... too bad I missed the most important one!!!

2 Comments:

At 20 October, 2006 04:50, Blogger DaBich said...

I'm not into baseball at all this year...not even the world series...oh well...

 
At 21 October, 2006 01:12, Blogger Cat's Confessions said...

Green,
Stopping by to pay u a visit, hows everthing going?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home