"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Some of what I do at present job.

I've been trying to familiarize myself with the new cell phone that I got last week.

To that end I thought I'd share with you the first picture that I took with it, which happened to be while I was at work yesterday. I'll bet some of you are wondering what these things are. Others of you could probably care less (hello, scribe) but since it's my blog I'm going to tell you anyway.



These are two nozzles. They are an essential part of the machines used to make all of the cool stuff that this comapny makes. When I put the machine together, the nozzle looks like the one on the right, all nice and clean and shiny. After a week of use and a night of soaking in chloroform, the nozzle looks like the one on the left.

Both nozzles looked like the one on the left when I began the day. Both nozzles looked like the one on the right after I finished cleaning both of them. Once they are clean, inside and out, they can be re-used. It's critical to clean all parts of the machine thoroughly because any crap left over has the potential to get into whatever parts we're trying to make. Since the parts we make go inside the body, even the smallest particle can cause the part to be rejected as not fit for human use.

The machines that make the parts are gradually heated to between 180 and 240 degrees Celsius, (depending on what is being made) so that when the raw material makes it down to the nozzle it has been thoroughly heated and melted into a molten state. After passing through the nozzle, which is the hottest part, the raw material passes into the mold that forms the actual parts and begins to cool and harden quickly.

Pretty cool, huh?

8 Comments:

At 04 October, 2006 07:24, Blogger Nunzia said...

pretty cool :)

 
At 04 October, 2006 15:04, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Shows what you know! I was interested in knowing what they were because I thought they were bullets. So HA!

 
At 04 October, 2006 15:05, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

dude, nunzia's givin' you that sideways glance look that either means she wants you or the cops are coming... zoom in on 'er, boy!!!

 
At 04 October, 2006 17:17, Blogger Tim said...

scribe: probably means that the cops are coming, 'cuz nunzia's a happily married newly wed.

 
At 04 October, 2006 19:43, Blogger ~AprilD said...

I'm interested to know what these parts make that will go into humans... is it a medical purpose, or one of those 'I drank too much wine, and you look way too good' sort of purpose?

 
At 04 October, 2006 21:16, Blogger Tim said...

autumn: This company makes a wide variety of medical products that a surgeon would implant into the body.

They are made out of a plastic polymer that dissolves in the body over time due to body heat and moisture so that a second surgery is not needed to remove the device. A common thing that we make are different sized bone screws.

 
At 05 October, 2006 10:35, Blogger Minister Scribe said...

hmmm, well judging by thy replies to ag on god v darwin, these most useful inventions are little more than mediocre creations from substandard intellects- is that why thou art quitting?

 
At 07 October, 2006 23:51, Blogger ~AprilD said...

That's interesting. As part of my schooling, I have observed several surgeries of different types. It's very fascinating all the tools they use for their procedures for just one little implant, or replacement, or what ever the surgery may have been for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home