"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Five things I love about Spring

I wasn't tagged, but saw this on Dabich's blog and wanted to participate myself. My answers are going to be similar to hers in some cases, me thinks. What a smashing idea, looking forward to Spring...

Here are da rules to play da game:

1. The post most be titled, "5 Things I Love About Spring". And you'll have to list the 5 things you most love about spring.

2. You must announce that only those who wish to take the challenge need apply, those who don't- that's fine.

MY LIST:

1) EASTER: The most important Christian holiday celebrates the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. Easter also happens to fall on my parents 40th wedding anniversary this year. Convenient.

2) SPRING TRAINING: For the 2007 World Series Champion Boston Red Sox, pitchers and catchers report to Florida on Thursday the 14th (in two days! Some players are already there). The beginning of Spring Training means that another baseball season is fast approaching, which means that my ultimate favorite season - summer - isn't far off. Though the games don't matter until April, being able to read a boxscore and all the happenings of my favorite team is a good thing. Trust me.

3) NATURE COMES OUT OF HIBERNATION: That means buds on the trees, lawns that turn from dead brown to vibrant green, flowers in all their various colors. Birds, bees, squirrels and other small rodents are seen wandering around the yard, which goes hand in hand with #4.

4) WARMER TEMPERATURES: This makes for more outdoor activities, like walking in the woods, going to the park with my kids, helping my dad open the pool at his house, playing catch with M (and V when she feels like it), and cooking out on the grill to name a few. I also find that I have more energy as the weather gets warmer. Bring on the heat!

5) NFL DRAFT, FREE AGENCY and RELEASING OF THE SCHEDULE for THE UPCOMING SEASON: The only thing better than football season itself is the anticipation and preparation for the next football season. I love participating in the draft contest, seeing which college players my team selects and who they sign/trade for. I also love it when the schedule comes out - seeing who plays who and when and setting up my pick sheets. How many prime time games dos my team have? Guessing what their record will be. All of that good stuff to fill the football-less void.

BONUS: The 3rd Anniversary of this here blog you're reading, coming up sometime in early June (yes, that's still spring for all you Northern Hemisphere types...) Can you believe it?

So there you have it, folks. Play along if the mood strikes you - or not. If you do play, let me know so I can come and read your answers!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 12 February, 2008 13:24, Blogger DaBich said...

Good job Green, I love how most of your "things" are sports-related LOL. Thanks for doing it! Bring on Spring!

 
At 12 February, 2008 14:50, Blogger ~AprilD said...

I um... can't wait for spring sooo much, my head hurts. Wait. That could be the persistant cough. Either way, Spring would be a nice fix.

 
At 13 February, 2008 20:18, Blogger EE said...

I am SO ready for Spring!
Great MEME...thanks for reminding me what we're missing;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home