"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Monday, August 22, 2005

A disturbing trend



Gee, I thought I didn't have anything to write about today....

Over the last two days I have been hitting that "next blog" button at the top of the screen and I've noticed some things.

To wit: there is other intelligent life out there in bloggerland ((besides me, of course, ;>) )) as I've read some other good blogs.

There are also a lot of blogs devoted to advertising crap and it is annoying. Like we don't have enough of that on television and radio and other web sites.

But the most disturbing thing I've noticed in reading other blogs lately is that there are people who comment on blog posts who are doing so only for the sake of advertising another website (blogspam) and not really commenting on the content of the post. So to combat this I have added to my introduction a warning that such blogspam comments that find their way here will be summarily deleted.

I have also prohibited anonymous commenters. If you are going to comment on someone's blog, have the moxie to be held accountable for it.

Ok, enough of the rant for tonight.

PS American Guy put up a link for a cheese web site. And by clicking on it I am excited to learn that I can sign up to receive cheese news in my email!!!! As if I don't get enough junk email as it is....

1 Comments:

At 30 August, 2005 17:47, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

I haven't received any spam yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home