"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Friday, August 12, 2005

Peter Jennings (1938-2005)



I need to pay attention to the news more often. I just found out today, while reading the tabloids in the checkout line at the supermarket, that ABC News anchor Peter Jennings died last Sunday of lung cancer at the young age of 67.

He was my favorite of the big three network news anchors. I can remember watching the news with my parents as a kid when Peter Jenings was the chief foreign correspondent reporting from London. Then he took over the anchor desk from legend Frank Reynolds in 1983. He brought a lot of integrity to ABC News and was a voice many people trusted. Here's one of the many links I found relating to Jennings death:

Peter Jennings, 67 (1938-2005)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home