"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Vacation with the kids part 2



Well my vacation is over. Tomorrow morning it's back to work. Back to reality, unfortunately. I really enjoyed sleeping late for the past week.

I brought my kids home to their mom's house tonight after a wonderful week of them staying with me. This was the first time since the divorce that I had them for an extended period of time. It was great to just spend time with them. We did not visit Camp Wonderland as I had wanted to. They were all excited about going until they learned that visiting there involved an approximate two hour car ride. They decided that swimming in the pool here was a better option. Frankly, I agreed. Camp isn't going anywhere. I will have plenty of time to take them to my old stomping ground some other time.

So what did we do for the remaining days of the vacation? Nothing much, really. Except swimming in the pool and an occasional visit to the grocery store. I will miss them this week and they will miss me also. But they will be back this Friday - resuming the regular schedule.

We did also go to church today. When we go, they attend their age appropriate Sunday school class while I go to the regular service. I mention this because today was a bit unusual. Today the pastor held believer's baptism during the morning service. Usually he does baptisms on Sunday night, about once a month or so. Once a year though he does it during the 10:15 service. There were seven people who were baptized today, ranging in age from 5 years old to, I'm guessing, 60 or so. It was very nice. Each person had to say a little something before they were "dunked", as my parents call it. It brought back the memory of my baptism last fall, on October 17. I've been a Christian for a long time but never had the opportunity to be baptized before last fall because the church I grew up in does not practice baptism. Being baptized is not something that you have to do but it is something that you have to want to do. It is an outward profession of faith. Anyway it was very moving to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home