"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Saturday, October 15, 2005

$300,000,000 Powerball Jackpot



The winning number: 1 7 8 34 45 *15*

Drawn about 20 minutes ago.

As I predicted earlier today, I didn't even sniff a winning number in tonight's drawing. In fact I only had two correct numbers, one in each of the first two quickpicks that I bought. Now it will be interesting to see if anyone won tonight or if the prize will be rolled over until next Wednesday night's drawing. That will determine if I buy any tickets or not. I don't usually buy lottery tickets unless the prize is really big. Not that I couldn't use the base prize of $10 million, because I certainly could. Most of the time I've better things to spend my money on...

2 Comments:

At 17 October, 2005 01:09, Blogger American Guy said...

You know what they say: your chances of winning the lottery are extremely remote. And only improved slightly by buying a ticket.

 
At 17 October, 2005 07:23, Blogger Tim said...

Yup.

Though I'd like to win without buying a ticket and wasting any money....

No one won the major jackpot on Saturday, so it will roll over into Wednesday. Though 17 million in secondary prizes were claimed.

Including the above noted tidbit, while flipping thru powerball.com on Saturday night, I discovered that from here on out the prize pool will "only" increase by $25,000,000 per drawing.

Also, that the record for Powerball jackpots was $315,000,000.00, won on Christmas, 2002 - on one ticket - if I recall correctly.

Looks like this next drawing will set the record for largest prize amount. Will this be the largest jackpot awarded to one person? We shall see...

I'll probably buy some tickets every drawing now until there is a winner, only becaise of the size of the jackpot....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home