"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Bowl XL wrap up


So the Steelers become the third team to win five Super Bowls with their 21-10 victory. They also are the first team to win the big game by winning all of their playoff games on the road.

I thought Pittsburgh would win but Seattle got robbed. The officiating was less than stellar. That first touchdown by the Steelers was a joke. The ball never broke the plane of the goal line until after Roethlisberger's knee/elbow clearly hit the ground. I don't know how the officials missed it. The play was even reviewed and they still missed it.

Unbelievable.

True that if the call had been reversed, they probably would have scored on the next play anyway, but for the sake of accuracy, get it right. It didn't help that Seattle missed two field goals, which would have made the end of the game much different had they been able to score those six points.

Coach Bill Cowher was tagged with not being able to win the big one. No more. I think he's one of the classiest coaches in the league and clearly one of the best in the business
The MVP was WR Hines Ward, with 5 receptions for 123 yards and a touchdown. Hometown boy RB Jerome Bettis takes his championship and retires after 13 seasons. The future HOFer retires as the fifth leading rusher in NFL history.


As for me, I finished 7-4 straight up and 6-5 vs. the point spread. I've had better post seasons...



Let's get started to Super Bowl XLI in Miami, Florida

8 Comments:

At 05 February, 2006 23:47, Blogger K~ said...

It's ok the NHL has imaginary goals so I guess the NFL can have imaginary touchdowns :)
Although that I think they called it a double reverse play was pretty nifty.
I'm glad the Steelers won I just hope they go home soon so Detroit can get back to being HOCKEYTOWN lol'n

 
At 06 February, 2006 05:34, Blogger DaBich said...

I think the officiating was mediocre the entire game. BUT, neither team was stellar. The Steelers Double Reverse was indeed cool and made for a great touchdown. I think they deserved to win, and I'm one happy fan :)

 
At 06 February, 2006 07:28, Blogger Tim said...

k~: you're too much. look at it this way, this was only the second time in 40 tears that the Superbowl was held in your local city. SO you're averaging once every 20 years. Now if the Lions ever became good, then you'd have something....

dabich: you are right, neither team played their A game. That double reverse was indeed neat, because it worked. Had Randle El not thrown a good ball or if Ward doesn't catch it then it's a bad call.

Seattle definitely had opportunities to open a big lead in the 1st quarter but blew all if them - before Pittsburgh actually showed up to play...

 
At 06 February, 2006 12:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad The Steelers won! I have to say I was NOT impressed by the opening and half time's sound. You would think with the technology today, the sound would have been better when The Stones played. Aretha was great, Neville sucked, I can't stand his voice, its like fingernails on a chalkboard. I also noticed the bleeped out the first verse when Mick sang "Rough Justice". ppfftt.

 
At 06 February, 2006 12:53, Blogger DaBich said...

LOL Bluez, my hubby said the same thing on Neville. Aretha was...is...Aretha! That woman has a voice. I missed half time, had to take my stepson home to his Momma. Damn.

 
At 06 February, 2006 13:03, Blogger Tim said...

shannon: thanks for visiting & commenting on my blog. New visitors & commenters are always welcome.

Congrats on winning $300 bucks. That's so cool. Yes, next season will be better. I knew your Eagles were done for when Donovan got hurt and all of the other injuries. on your team and mine. That would be the Patriots. I can't imagine how sucky our season would have been if Tom Brady had gotten injured like that...

I wouldn't mind seeing a NE Philly rematch in XLI in Miami.

dabich & bluez:I didn't watch much of the halftime show, but what I saw confirmed to me that big lips Mick and the boys need to call it a career. Then again I have never been a big Stones fan.
Sorry, Aretha too needs to hang it up.

 
At 06 February, 2006 15:13, Blogger Deb said...

Do you have any wings left over from the Super Bowl party? I'm SO hungry. You didn't...touch them...did you?

 
At 06 February, 2006 15:46, Blogger Tim said...

Sorry, ~deb. The wings were gone by the end of the 1st quarter. I have plenty of panuts left, though. You can have some of those...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home