"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Miller Analogies Test

I'm taking the real thing at 14:00 today. Wish me luck. For those of you who have already, I appreciate it.

First misconception of the day:

I thought I'd be able to take a practice test online this morning in preparation for taking the real thing this afternoon.

WRONG.

All of the test prep websites I visited wanted me to pay to take the test. Do I really need to pay to take a practice test when I still have to pay to take the real thing? I thought they'd have a bunch of questions available online for free. Oh no. Every one has to make a buck or 30. Buy the prep guide. Buy the practice test. It's a conspiracy, I tell ya!!

I'm a smary guy, so....how hard could it be? I'll find out soon enough. One hundred twenty questions in one hour. Can I do it? How will I do? Check back here later today and I'll tell you how I think I did.

Update 16:15- The test was easy, hard difficult and down right annoying. Some analogies were obvious, others basic and some were just flat out rediculous. Who uses some of these words in every day speech, anyway? Some of the words I had no clue what their meanings were, let alone how they related to other words in the analogy.

That being said, I think I did okay. I need a 400+ for a grade in order to meet the school's requirement. But I'm not sure if that's out on an 800 scale like the SAT is or what. The catch on this test is this: Only 100 of the 120 questions will count towards my actual score. The other 20 questions are test questions which might be incorporated as "real" questions in the future. The problem is you can't tell which 20 questions are the test questions. DTS shoud get my score in about two weeks.

I took the test at Rivier College in Nashua. There were four of us in the room, not counting Sister candy bar, a nice, sweet old lady who probably has been administering these tests since time began. The other guy there wanted to get into a criminal justice program at UMASS Lowell and two ladies, obviously friends, who want to get into the psychology program at Salem State College. The woman sitting on my right was knock out gorgeous and her name was Jessica Shaw. She was wearing a black top and a pink Red Sox hat. She had long fingers (no rings) with pink nail polish that matched her hat. Alas, I could not get any more information about her, as I left before she did. Oh, well.

10 Comments:

At 21 February, 2006 14:15, Blogger DaBich said...

Online Piracy at it's finest lol. Good luck Green!

 
At 21 February, 2006 16:38, Blogger Tim said...

No piracy.... just a few sample questions is all I asked for. But nooooooo.

 
At 21 February, 2006 20:28, Blogger Genna said...

i AM SURE YOU DID WELL!! YAY!!

 
At 21 February, 2006 21:24, Blogger American Guy said...

if you paid as much attention to the test as you did to what the others in the room looked like and were wearing, then I'm sure you did fine.

 
At 21 February, 2006 23:13, Blogger Tim said...

no I just paid attention to the attractive woman. seems I notice them more becasue I'm single...

 
At 22 February, 2006 05:44, Blogger DaBich said...

::eyeroll::

 
At 22 February, 2006 15:30, Blogger Ruth said...

HOPE YOU GET THE RESULTS SOON! I'M SURE YOU DID WELL! PERHAPS THE HOTTIE WAS CHECKING YOU OUT TOO! :)

 
At 22 February, 2006 16:46, Blogger Tim said...

dabich: don't you roll your etes at me! ;>)

sarafina: I should get the results in two weeks. I don't think the hottie was looking at me. :>(

 
At 22 February, 2006 17:56, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

green got distracted by a piece of tail LOL

 
At 23 February, 2006 06:43, Blogger DaBich said...

Who said I was rollin em at you? ;X
But then again, maybe I was lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home