"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day

Father's Day is really no big deal to me, even though this is my 10th year as a dad. It's one of those "holidays" that I could just do without. I don't quite know why I'm so ambivalent about this day, but I am. Being a dad is one of the greatest gifts and responsibilities a man can have. I'm thankful to be a father and have two wonderful kids, of whom I would not trade a day to be without.

I'm also thankful for my dad, even though I don't always show it.

My parents took us to the Rainforest Cafe yesterday for Father's Day. My kids got me some movie passes, M gave me a booklet that he made in school this year - one page of printing samples for each month of the school year and V made me a hand drawn card that she made in school too. I think those handmade gifts are better than anything you could buy at a store, because they are made with love.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 17 June, 2007 23:13, Blogger Alpha Dude said...

I agree.
A gift from the heart is way better than anything from the store.

Happy Father's Day.

Blessings.

 
At 17 June, 2007 23:16, Blogger JLee said...

Happy Father's Day Green!

 
At 17 June, 2007 23:43, Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

Happy Father's Day Green! :)

 
At 18 June, 2007 03:37, Blogger EE said...

You should see the crap my kids make me...I'll take the store-bought gifts, anyday!!!!

Just kidding;)
Happy Father's Day!!

 
At 18 June, 2007 05:42, Blogger DaBich said...

Hope you enjoyed your day. Our kids weren't around for the weekend, so we had some time for ourselves. Of course, they're bigger, so it's different now. They called in tho, and wished Andy a happy day. Sweet :)

 
At 18 June, 2007 08:31, Blogger Tim said...

thanks everyone for the father's day wishes. I appreciate them.

 
At 18 June, 2007 17:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sigh*

I sent my Dad a organic tropical fruit basket only to find out after they delivered it on Friday that he was on a cruise to Alaska and won't be back til the 26th, the day after his birthday.

Maybe the fruit will be ripe enough to make smoothies.

 
At 18 June, 2007 18:14, Blogger Tim said...

bluez: then your dad and I share the same birthday. How 'bout that?

 
At 19 June, 2007 07:41, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh green, I was a late birthday present for my Dad. I just emailed the fruit company that sent the basket and they'll resend it for me on the 27th YAY! There are some good people left on this earth!

Happy Birthday to our Dad's!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home