"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Big Brother 9 on CBS

"'Til Death Do You Part"

Last night was my first actual foray into the world of Big Brother. I've never watched this show in any of its first eight seasons, primarily because I have a hard time getting into this "reality television" thang. But this show does look interesting, based on the season premiere...

This year they've thrown a few twists into the mix. Instead of competing as singles, the housemates have been paired off into couples. The couples will form teams and work closely together. Even though they just met, they'll share the same rooms and the same beds. The sixteen contestants are split into seven male/female couples and two homosexual men make up couple #8. Furthering the twist is that a real life couple, Ryan and Jen (not paired together), are going to try and secretly cause trouble among the housemates. Two other housemates (Sharon and Jacob) just ended a 12 year relationship and have been reluctantly and unknowingly reunited on the show and as a couple for this season.

After the introductions and pairing of the couples, the first competition was held, called "Falling for You", where each couple was suspended in the air, holding on to rach other for dear life. As the couples separated and the bottom partner fell onto the mattress, they were eliminated from the competition. The last couple hanging, Jen and Parker, won $10,000 for grabbing a heart pillow and negotiating with another couple for the win, promising that they'd be safe. The winning couple is the first BB popwer couple and will themselves decide the first couple to be evicted from the house. Jen already mentioned in an interview the possibility of those two being evicted first. We will see tonight @ 20:00.

My guess is that Sheila and Adam will be the first to go, since she is vocally unhappy (a whiner and likely would upset the house dynamic) with Adam as her match and is 16 years older than he. Plus, they were the last couple paired and did not get a bedroom, meaning they'll have to share a sleeping bag on the floor.

I'll throw in an update after tonight's show. If you miss anything during the season, go to cbs.com and find out what you missed.

23:00 update: Open your mouth and get yourself kicked off the show. What a dumba** Jacob is. Talking trash about Parker, saying someone else said it and then refusing to rat out who did. His subsequent silence did him in, since it seems that he did the trash talking himself. Too bad. I was looking forward to seeing how Jacob and Sharon would get along this season with the tension of their past relationship simmering constantly. Sheila and Adam would have gotten the boot otherwise, and they know it. Weird though is that during the "Tunnel of Love" game tonight, they seemed to be getting along better. Perhaps they talked at some point and formed some sort of truce. I wonder who will claim Sharon and Jacob's bed out of the two sleeping bag couples.....

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 13 February, 2008 13:53, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HUGE BB fan here, I taped it to watch tonight....

 
At 13 February, 2008 14:04, Blogger Tim said...

hope I didn't spoil the season premiere for you!

Hopefully you can watch what you missed online before 8PM because a new show is on then.

 
At 13 February, 2008 20:15, Blogger EE said...

Darn...bet it's on at the same time as American Idol.
I've seen a few seasons of BB. I really enjoyed the first one, and watched the others sporadically.

 
At 13 February, 2008 23:32, Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

another BB fan in the making I see. You'll be hooked in no time.

 
At 14 February, 2008 00:13, Blogger Tim said...

ee: BB is on Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday nights plus you can get 24/7 live feeds and see what you missed on cbs.com.

ss: I like the couples angle, competing as couples. Though I was interested to see how the tension filled Jacob/Sharon dynamic would have played out over the course of the season. Bummer for me.

 
At 14 February, 2008 07:48, Blogger DaBich said...

I watched hockey last night...much more entertaining ;)

 
At 14 February, 2008 08:13, Blogger Deb said...

I'm such a reality tv addict - I had to stop watching a lot of it and now I am still stuck on American Idol (not sure if that's considered "reality" - I guess it is), but once I start, it's like a ritual I can't break. I used to watch Big Brother when it first came out and wasn't impressed. Remember "The Real World" on MTV? I know, kiddie-boppy, but I got hooked and then went to the Obsbournes <--sp? That was a mess. The celebrity Apprentice is REALLY interesting right now, but I'm so scared that it may be 'acted' out. A close friend of mine worked as a producer for a lot of these shows and said that 80% is already in the "script".

How sad!!! It's like pro wrestling if you think about it...

*sigh*

Anyway, have a great Valentine's Day! :)

<3
Deb

 
At 14 February, 2008 09:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My prediction is Ryan and Allison will end up together after Jen pulls too much crap in the house and gets evicted.

 
At 14 February, 2008 09:59, Blogger Tim said...

Maybe Jen and Parker will end up together, too....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home