"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Monday, October 17, 2005

What was she thinking?



Can someone tell me, please, what that big bright yellow orange thing with all of the blue around it is? And those white puffy cotton ball like things floating around amid the blueness? I've seen it now for the last day and a half and it's really...bright.

My kids stayed here overnight last night, which was a first, considering they have school today. My ex works nearby and was just getting off of her shift, so we decided it would be easier for both of us if she swung by to pick them up before heading home. This shouldn't be a problem time wise, since their school doesnt start until around 8:30 am or so. All I had to do was get them up and ready - dressed, fed etc. Then I could go back to bed for awhile, which I did. I slept until 10:40 AM.

My only errands of the day were to go to the post office and grocery store.

Now I'm not normally this observant, nor am I a people watcher but I have to relate to you what I just witnessed.

While I was standing in line waiting to mail my small item, there was a woman who came in after I did. All I can say is WOW! And not in a good way, either.

She must have been in her late 40's or early 50's, maybe 5'9" or so. She was wearing a very short denim skirt with silvery white glitter on it with white stockings underneath black fishnet stockings. She was also wearing, on first glance what appeared to be over the knee boots with heels. Upon further examination they looked to be regular black 1/2 or 1 inch heels with some kind of black fabric stretched over the shoes and over her knees, perhaps six or seven inches below where the denim skirt ended. On the shoes/boot thing was also two parallel white strips on each leg, from heel to thigh - sort of like racing stripes.

She was also wearing this white half buttoned blouse with some kind of low cut sports bra or some such thing underneath, in an attempt to show cleavage. She had obviously bleached blonde shoulder length hair and her face and hands definitely showed the beginnings of wrinkles or the prune faced look of a long time smoker.

I'm pretty sure she wasn't a hooker because she had on her left hand a wedding band and gawdawful big rock to go with it.

This outfit might have been semi-attractive on a younger woman but not on this lady. All I could think of was OMG what was this lady thinking about when she got dressed this morning and what kind of impression was she trying make? Can you say "mid-life crisis"?

Fortunately the stop at the grocery store was uneventful....

3 Comments:

At 17 October, 2005 14:01, Blogger Lawrence said...

Spandex can be just a scary on the wrong body! Oochie Mama

 
At 17 October, 2005 14:09, Blogger Tim said...

You're not kidding.

BTW thanks for visiting and leaving your mark.

Come back again now, y'hear...

 
At 17 October, 2005 19:32, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

I threw up in my mouth!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home