"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

it took a little more than a week

for someone to steal my Obama/Biden yard sign that I got in the mail last week (as an incentive for making a 2nd donation.) It was there this morning as I left for work but this afternoon when I got back was nowhere to be found. So on Friday I'll stop at the nearest Obama campaign office (since I'll be driving right by it anyway) and acquire some new signs and maybe a few bumper stickers for the new beast.

Can someone tell me what the acronym GOP stands for? No, seriously I never can remember this. Or figure out or why the repubs would even need such a pointless moniker. Dems apparently don't need such a thing, cuz they're special.

=====

I only managed to miss the first two or three minutes of Barack Obama's unprecedented 30 minute, multiple network public service announcement and I have to say I was impressed. Impressed that the man seems to have a definite plan for America, should he win the election next week.

I can't comprehend what anyone sees in John McCain, except a grumpy old man who is out of touch with what this country needs. He scares me primarily because of his age and who his runing mate is: Sarah Palin, a woman hopelessly unqualified to step into the highest office in the land, should she need to.

One positive thing I'll say about McCain is that he doesn't have that deer-like lost-in-the-headlights look that W has featured throughout his presidency. Instead he features that rabid puffy-cheeked squirrel look. I don't know which is worse...

---

One of my co-workers today said she'd love to see a Hilary Clinton v. Sarah Palin presidential debate/catfight. I don't know if I'd want to see that. She was speculating what kind of future Sarah Palin has on the national political stage. I'm all for the Dan Quayle political style future. Uneventful, comical yet utterly forgettable.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 30 October, 2008 17:07, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Stand back everyone, green if on FIRE!!!

Best passage: "One positive thing I'll say about McCain is that he doesn't have that deer-like lost-in-the-headlights look that W has featured throughout his presidency. Instead he features that rabid puffy-cheeked squirrel look. I don't know which is worse..."

That's what I'm a'talkin' about!!

GOP stands for Grand Ol' Party.

 
At 30 October, 2008 22:49, Blogger Tim said...

scribe:

I thought you might like that analogy of McCain.

Thanks for reminding me what GOP stands for. Gawd Offal Poop sounds better....

(I know, that was baaaaaaad.)

 
At 01 November, 2008 16:45, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

How bout Grumpy Old Pussies?

 
At 02 November, 2008 20:11, Blogger DaBich said...

LOL, you two crack me up!

Students from Penn State were on the main drag in Altoona campaigning for Obama. I had the impulse to blow my car's horn, which I did, and that set off a lot of horn honking LOL!
It's cool to see the kids get involved.

 
At 10 November, 2008 17:23, Blogger pmesquivel333@yahoo.com said...

Oh my gawd-i would pay money to pay per view to see a Clinton/Palin debate, Hillary would make her cry.Palin would never do it anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home