"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Powerball Jackpot & World Series Prediction



So there was one winner last night in the big $340,000,000 Powerball drawing or whatever the amount was. The downer is that due to other issues I didn't have an opportunity to buy any tickets. The upside is that I saved $4 or so because I probably wouldn't have come close to winning again last night, either.

---

How about those Astros?

We now have a World Series that features a team, the Houston Astros, that is making it's first ever trip to the big show and a team that hasn't been there since 1959, let alone won it since 1917 in the Chicago White Sox. I mean this is before the whole "Black Sox" scandal thing involving eight White Sox players including "Shoeless" Joe Jackson. The film "Eight Men Out" is an excellent story about this bit of baseball history, if you are interested.

The streak of futility for the White Sox is much worse than that of my Red Sox. Before 2004, the Red Sox hadn't won it since 1918. But at least they had four World Series appearaces (1967, 1975, 1986 & 2004, losing in 7 games in the first three and winning it in a sweep last autumn) since the last White Sox team made it.

My prediction is that it will be a close series, with excellent pitching on both sides, but I think the White Sox will win in seven games. Realistically though I don't care who wins, since I'm not a fan of either team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home